The Flat bottom boat slide.

titaniumneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
I figure this has probably been addressed already, but I gotta ask. I have fourteen foot boat that I cut in half(straight down the middle) and added 2 1/2 foot down the middle, now I have close to a 5 1/2 foot bottom boat, decked out no leaks. 40 hp on it and of course it slides pretty bad in turns. I have 2 pieces of 3 inch aluminum angle iron, 24 inches long. I am going to round off front and back of them and mount them under boat to stop slide. Question is where to place them, middle, back, sides, where would be the best place to mount them to stop the slides.?

Skypirate

Seaman Apprentice
Closer to the back, if in front you will constantly be working the tiller or wheel to keep her straight, id allign them on each new seam :)

Skypirate

Seaman Apprentice
3" is a bit over kill, 2 " might be better or if you have a brake or know someone that does, bend the leg of the angle aluminum that will stick down at about an inch from bottom( L/ but at 45 degrees)

Last edited:

titaniumneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
About how far from the back, I don't want to interfere with the outboard. And about how far apart.

Skypirate

Seaman Apprentice
Id put them as far bac as I could on the seams where you added the section in the middle

Skypirate

Seaman Apprentice
Flat bottom like a surf board, skags are as far back as structurally possible, since a surf board doesnt have a transom they are about 4-6" from very end, boat has a transom, i'd run them from the transon forward, 2 and a1/2 foot apart