1988 wellcraft bowrider to cuddy" conversion (Splashed)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I like the white ! Looks brand new !
Now get things de-hillbillyed and get her put back in !

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Haha sam i think i got it handled she stood watchin me this morning, lol wasnt even trusting my " imma get on it " response lol

suzyque

Cadet
Mickyryan--I am very impressed! How is it that guys can tackle stuff like this and women get shunted over to the makeup counter at Macy's? For all the effort this is going to take, you certainly have vision. Bravo!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I love it when a woman takes interest in anything mechanical or hands on , my daughter installed her own stereo in her car with dad looking on of course but I made her do all the soldering and she was a champ :) thank you for the compliments :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
got the outdrive back on tonight and ugh I forgot the damn springs under the motor mounts so I had to pop those on before I put outdrive on, two fingers on alignment I was very pleased with how everything went back together , now for the new shifter and I should be set to re adjust valves and timing and bam hoping to be back on water for trials on Saturday :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral

20161026_124845.jpg

20161026_124851.jpg

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
the first pic is movie I'm having trouble posting them today for some reason

Last edited:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
noticed the piece of trim that got knocked off on the helm I was like damn when did that happen lol just another thing for the list :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I'm not sure if I just had bad luck adjusting lifters for second time or its just a lifter that's sticking but the tick is annoying me lol I might trash another valve cover gasket to check it :) I cant check it while its running tried that took over a hour to clean all the oil up that splashed out , great oil flow to top of engine :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
gdi I think I need to move my depth meter transducer to put smart tabs on ugh fml lol

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
ok so took boat out this morning, two things happened , ran like a top sitting there no overheating oil pressure good started going and it wouldn't get on plane and bogged down after a few minutes trying to get on plane and stalled like too much fuel, then I get back to dock and all the sudden I'm not getting any fuel :( , tossed back on trailer and took back to house pulled that fuel pump and the arm looked like it had 80 thousand miles on it, so I installed another fuel pump and nothing, now I wonder if the anti siphon valve is bad , wiped cam lobe for fuel pump or what.
either way I think I'm going to a electric fuel pump then ill recheck timing and give it another go .
would there be a big difference in jets between a 120 hp and a 140 hp mercruiser carb? researching that I reckon.