1988 wellcraft bowrider to cuddy" conversion (Splashed)

82rude

Rear Admiral
do you have the small 4 banger ford ?I think it was a ford block and the charging system is on the timing pulley?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Lol dish washer was a bold move i should get extra punch in my man card lol

82rude

Rear Admiral
My mistake ,my brothers wellcraft which is your twin has the all mercruser engine.3.7 litres,with the alternator on the harmonic balancer originally.Punches way above its weight.Its an al block with fresh watercooling system and was the only block from merc at the time that was all in house vs auto blocks.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
ahh pics? id love to see it I believe I have heard of this alternator on crankshaft thing before

82rude

Rear Admiral
I don't have any .pics but look up MERCRUSER 470.Some people hated them some loved them.My brothers has the conversion kit that makes it a normal alternator motor.Its 195 plus hp or at least his is .Most were less I believe.If I ever get up to the house I will see about taking some pics of the motor.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Thanks appreciate it since cap was rottdd as well i figurex perfe t oppertunity to try this

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
^^ typing on phone can always tell from the mispells lol, sorry.
anyways
got the cb/vhf/stereo and all the switches I'm slightly miffed that the vhf radio isn't stand alone gps, so I guess eventually ill figure a gps out that it will work with.now to figure out how to hide wires in the pilothouse part will post couple pics tonight

82rude

Rear Admiral
IM almost positive its a 88.Will check next time I'm up at the brothers house.A week ago he had the perfect storm of failing outdrive seal and auto bilge failure.Picture boat standing almost straight up!The boats being wrecked hualing everthing to camp .I'm trying to get him to start working on his 26foot zodiac with turbo cat and jet drive.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
ahh id swear it was a 87 only because of nice railing on it :) my railing was stubby anyways id never own a bow rider again and swore this one wouldn't be a bow rider before I was through with it lol, almost died 3 times in bow riders driven by drunks "fathers friends and uncles" and hadn't stepped foot on one since I was 14 , I guess bow riders 24 ft and up aren't really the same but 15 to 18 ft bow riders have a tendency to nose dive even worse when they haven't been fixed to not over trim down.

gsxrdan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nice job! thats a massive build, well done! Big screen on that sounder, wow