1988 wellcraft bowrider to cuddy" conversion (Splashed)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
got decals off one side with that wheel but looks like I will need 2 of the adhesive removal wheels to do other side as well ... its ok it got them off in a flash :)and wheel smelled so good out of package sassy may tried taking off with it :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
got decals off one side with that wheel but looks like I will need 2 of the adhesive removal wheels to do other side as well ... its ok it got them off in a flash :)and wheel smelled so good out of package sassy may tried taking off with it :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
no one takes pictures of there boat dash? cmon guys I got to has some ideas on what to build lol

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
20160623_195918.jpg

had a buldge on side window at top so I popped back off wasn't sealed yet and found it and removed it but I really like the way the frames are turning out ,
still have to come up with a way of finishing under the visor on top in front , I did seal it though was worried water would go and travel down tongue and groove into the cabin. front frames are just layed in place kinda to get idea how they will look , ill use perko window adjusters to hold them open and piano hinge at top.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
fell in love with pl premium I went to pull a board back off and well I wound up needing to grind it off because the board itself broke before pl did , cant ask for any better bond then that :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
getting close to reinstalling gimball housing had to drill and fill two holes with aluminum and then retap because middle bolts broke off on the removal ugh

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Thanks its my first time at it in this form , I grew up in Maryland we used to build wooden boats all the time for crabbing but they were only used a season or 2 and burned lol

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
spent evening wiring gauges and switches close to finished just need to hook a few wires up here and there and that part will be done

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Thanks mike, I took a break from outside while letting the acrylic paint cure so I can wet sand it and went to building interior helm and seat boxes , my idea is boxes will have doors for storage and then I will mount a seat on top of each pics soon :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
No Title

got my top made for the pilot house working my way down cant mount it yet cause it will make boat taller then fence so ugh !
also made a side light /name plate waddyathink? :)

Attachments

• photo248130.jpg
    photo248130.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo248131.jpg
    photo248131.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I'm getting excited I go out early am before work work a couple hours before heat hits then come home wait for shade and work some more but now I am getting to point on outside that I need to finish out pieces and get it ready to assemble lol but its just ... so... hawt!

Zyen

Petty Officer 2nd Class
hey micky. i feel ya on the heat. been 95+ here. (south louisiana)
i have to say....i was kinda skeptical about the wheelhouse as you were describing it in your earlier posts, but you didnt mention you were a craftsman!
that mod looks amazing....like it's supposed to be there.
great work! im looking forward to seeing your completed project.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
thanks I'm far from a craftsman but this is the boat I am learning from my mistakes on much cheaper then 200 dollar a sheet mistakes , in the end if it lasts me 5 yrs I'm happy because of the knowledge I have gained.

also this is very experimental as far as products I'am using because again I want to test newer products to see how they live up in a trailered boat environment

I know if it was in water all the time I would not have used the methods I have so far but if this works, I can see many folks using these methods to get on the water cheaper and quicker and enjoying the hobby.
not all boats need to be built to last 100 yrs manufactures certainly don't, I wouldn't sell the boat to anyone unless I had a inspection stating the boat was seaworthy and in sound good quality condition, even then I'm looking to strip it out in the end of its usefulness and use parts for next boat :)
I work in the swimming pool industry where 80% of the products used were gleaned from another industry so I am used to trying things to see the outcome lol

Last edited:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
No Title

well I had to pop top on felt would be better to get everything cut in place then to hope it fit after completing it , must put some miracle grow on the coral bells to hide it :)

Attachments

• photo248296.jpg
    photo248296.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Today, I sanded down cabin roof removed all the latex paint and glassed it in with a piece of 1708 to give it strength since you can sit up there.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Mick, not sure how I missed your build... I have to say cool man, cool!!! very interesting. I havent seen anyone do this before. Im going to tag along if you dont mind...

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
so today I think I will try to finish the windows on the pilothouse part, I need to decide, kinda thinking side windows will be detachable because it sure is nice standing in there making motorboat sounds and feeling the breeze through those side windows :), what, don't act like ya never did it sitting at ya helm dreaming of being on the water :)