1988 wellcraft bowrider to cuddy" conversion (Splashed)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Taken at sunrise, lol I got out there around 5am to do a bit before work :)

doghouse.jpg
still waiting on cooler delivery but this is what I came up with , had to make the doors to get to battery and switch without having to unscrew everything.

Pusher

Lieutenant
Your stain job matches nicely. Looking good Micky!

You might need to stencil in

..."Built by Design"
~Micky Ryan Builds~

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well the bright work is far from perfect since its done outside but its fine its not a show boat its a fun boat ,if only I could build a dust free room addition onto shed , then id be cooking:)

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Wow this thread has taken a left turn. Into a dark lagoon I swore I'd never return to. Naked boating is not optional according to the coastgaurd. Please, please , please don't ask me how I know. :):)

well, at the risk of not being pc - how do you know?

btw, great looking build mickyryan, thanks for the updates and pics - nice wood work!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
hey I got a hmm moment, I have the two seat cubbys that will be touching carpet to protect the wood I sprayed the wood with undercoating , couldn't really think of any other way of keeping moisture from just sitting on wood , thoughts?

Pusher

Lieutenant
This will sound stupid, but what if you glued the carpet down to rubber drainage mat like at restaurants? You wouldn't have to worry about water retention, but you'd need some real beef-cake glue to hold it.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yeah too late already glued down carpet , I'm not worried about carpet staying wet as it has zero absorbency , I just don't want dew to sit against wood

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
hey I got a hmm moment, I have the two seat cubbys that will be touching carpet to protect the wood I sprayed the wood with undercoating , couldn't really think of any other way of keeping moisture from just sitting on wood , thoughts?
I'm not sure about how water proof undercoating is. I think it's main functions are sound deadening and chip or dent protection. I'm sure it is pretty waterproof but not sure about how much so with standing water. Also probably not uv safe. I really am not sure though. Could be a good solution. Just putting out some things to ponder or research.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Also, I think undercoating stays a little soft....kind of gets tarry in direct heat. Then again, Florida doesn't have too much of that.....Probably don't want to rub up against it with light color clothes.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
its directly on bottom only where the wood meets floor so its not going to be seen or rubbed against, just wanted extra protection against any unforeseen moisture.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Cap off bottoms with some kinda plastic U channel, millions out there, like sides of car doors/windows/shower doors as an example. Adhere with a poly or other glue.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
guess I could use plexi glass too and sandwich it there that would keep it from absorbing any moisture, great idea kc !