Mitchell 15' Skiff floor & transom repair

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well that maybe true, but It takes more than 72 hours to fully cure and stop outgassing, polyester resin and epoxy both have issues adhering to it so you have to make sure to clean off any exposed areas well. Lot's of members have used it with varied results. We usually don't advise using it for these reasons. Not to say it won't work just that it's got some know issues. Thickened Polyester resin works a lot better and is highly compatible with all the other materials used in boat building.

Second layer glued on, had to slow work down....life in the way.....but it gives it time to dry. Next glass in transom and drain tube.....then it'a floor stringer time. and front little deck has problems...well there is no deck on it, so I have to fix that, bow light shelf wood is dry rotted, that has to come out...it never ends!!!

Last edited:
drain hole glassed in......my recipe of cotton peanut butter......cheap.....first layer down...getting there....don't know if I'm going to use the cap...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
The pic makes it look like you've got a lot of Air Pockets or Un-wetted CSM. in the layup on the transom. The white areas is what I'm referencing.

most of that is sanding dust...yeah some air pockets, I''ll grind those out...I've never used mat.....so it a learning process

Well back at it....life gets in the way....moved 4 times...hurricanes...new relationship...making a duckboat floor screwing plywood to EMT....lol

Attachments

• photo331686.png
    photo331686.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Might downsize the motor like 9hp or a bit bigger

Attachments

• photo331692.png
    photo331692.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: