Stern To Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightgray55

Recruit
I own a 1992 bayliner trophy about 2 years ago I repowered with I 150 mercury 4 stroke. this motor is a little heavier than the original 175 2 stroke ​Since the repower I'm having problem with the stern of the boat sitting to low and the scuppers are shipping water into my fishwells! I installed a heavy duty water pump to keep the fishwells empty. but some times it cant keep up:/
My question is does anyone know how to remedy this problem?? should I fill the fishwells with Styrofoam?? any suggestions would be welcome

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

What's the motor weight difference, maybe 75-100 pounds? That's insignificant. Less than the weight of one person moving from from the bow to stern shouldn't cause the stern to drop that much. You can fill the boat with styrofoam and it won't help because flotation does not add buoyancy..

I think you other problems like wet foam under deck that's adding several hundred pounds. Just guessing.

fhhuber

Lieutenant
About the only solution is to move something heavy out of the back of the boat toward the front. Maybe the battery(ies) for the trolling motor?

Nightgray55

Recruit
That sounds like it could very well be my problem as far as wet foam wondering what the common fix would be??

Nightgray55

Recruit
is there any method to replace or repair waterlogged foam? or can I replace and reseal the gel coat?

zool

Captain
is there any method to replace or repair waterlogged foam? or can I replace and reseal the gel coat?

Hi Nightgray.....there are various methods to check and/or repair wet foam......none of them are pretty tho, but are done here every day.

Not sure if your Trophy is a CC or Cuddy but its basically the same. Pics are required to give further advice,

Be prepared tho, older bL's are prone to stringer and transom rot as well as wet foam....not a Bayliner diss, just a price point, production boat fact of that era.

fhhuber

Lieutenant
Its also possible to put valves in the live well hoses. Shut off the ability of water to get in when not needed.

Not sure I'd panic and assume waterlogged foam or rotted wood until you check.
It could easily just be the change in balance of the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.