Making seats with bolsters

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I asked on here not long ago about carpet and marine vinyl because I am thinking of redoing the inside of my boat. I am now thinking about what I want for seats because I am not a fan of the back to back while they offer good storage they just are not very functional IMHO. So for the back it will be a bench seat as well as bolster captain seats up front. I can not figure out the best way to make the bolster part of the seats. I have a way that would work but not great. It would be having tiny rails on the back of the bolster then ones on the front of the seat to attach to or I was considering doing it where I just have a separate bolster that I put on when I want it but I am not so sure that is the best way. Has anyone on here made this type of seat before? If so could you link me to their thread so I can have a read and see weather it would fit with my idea of how I would like them to work. I did consider the Wise ones that can be found on amazon or iboats but they just seem a bit expensive when I bet I could build them.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I've had some experience making boat seats from scratch. Got pics of the bolster seats you're thinking of.

Last edited: