1983 Cobia Sunskiff 156 restoration

SWFL-Fisher

Recruit
Hello everyone. I have done a lot of reading on here and it has helped us a lot with out restoration of our boat. I have never posted here but i thought since I have used the site for so much help that I should show what we got ourselves into and how it's turning out. So me and my father have been looking for a smaller backwater/lobstering boat and when we found this hilarious we fell in love with it. Unfortunately the man who owed it did not properly fixed the deck the right way and made it way worse. It has a very nice 85 hp Yamaha on it and starts and runs like a champ. It was used in Michigan and the motor had only been in water once since in FL. We paid $1000 for it boat,motor, and trailer. We have never done anything like this before. Have never used fiberglass or gelcoat so we were in way over our head from the beginning.

SWFL-Fisher

Recruit
I also meant to add that we were very lucky to have a solid transom somehow. I will post pictures as soon as I can get them off my phone.

SWFL-Fisher

Recruit
I prob should have introduced myself as well my name is Ryan and live in Naples Fl thanks for looking I'm going to try and put up pics but I'm not great with this kind of stuff