Cruiser restoration and wheelchair adaption

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got a bit of work done on her yesterday, removing the panels was a real pain as they are held in by the window frames so they all have to be loosened off.

I put in a few braces getting ready for lift out with so much of the superstructure taken out they will give a bit of support .

As all the electrics were summered for so long I had to remove all the pumps, here I'm taking out the toilet waste pump I'm sure you would have all jumped at the chance to give me a hand with this :eek: as the aroma was something to behold :)

Toilet, shower and water.

Not looking great but I'll see what I can do.

And at last I found her a suitable new home for the next year :)

alldodge

Staff member
Making some real progress, and the toilet dismantle was a real nose full for sure.

It's always the same thing what salt air will do to electric parts

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Wow, it looks like a dance hall in there! She's a big boat alrighty!

Good luck with those pumps. I don't know how you'll get them cleaned up and operational again.

Looks like you found some good dry-dock space. Lots of room. Will you be able to use the shed to keep parts and tools out of the rain?

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
You're really getting into it! I've been struggling with photobucket lately too, I thought maybe it was just my computer, but maybe not.....Thanks for the update.

alldodge

Staff member
There is nothing better then upload to iboats. The reason being if it is linked to another site the pics can have connection issues. If you upload then there are none. That said they do need to be no more then 2MB

Pic upload 1.jpg

Pic upload 2.jpg

Last edited:

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
When I add photos to a post I do this:
Open Photobucket and open the photo you want to post. Right click on photo and choose Copy Image. Go to post, put curser where you want photo. Go to top of page and select Edit. Then select Paste.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
When I add photos to a post I do this:
Open Photobucket and open the photo you want to post. Right click on photo and choose Copy Image. Go to post, put curser where you want photo. Go to top of page and select Edit. Then select Paste.

Copy and paste image only works about half the time.

What works every time using Photobucket is to click on the IMG box and come back to your post and do a paste, The IMG code is pasted at your cursor location with no sizing problems and a nicely sized pic is visible in your post with no links to click. Doing a preview will show how the pic or pics look in the post.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Copy and paste image only works about half the time.

What works every time using Photobucket is to click on the IMG box and come back to your post and do a paste, The IMG code is pasted at your cursor location with no sizing problems and a nicely sized pic is visible in your post with no links to click. Doing a preview will show how the pic or pics look in the post.

Maybe I am lucky. It works 100% of the time for me.

alldodge

Staff member
Mark72/233 on another thread is having trouble with photobucket right now also

Njbassman48

Seaman Apprentice
Any luck with the olds cool? im sick now, just read the whole post, and then poof. gone. ugh

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class
No luck yet but when I do find her the world and it's mother will know about it :) My search boat has now been sold to fund the cruiser restoration so I wont be on the water till next year but other boats are still looking.

Engine got a make over.

Most of the flooring done.

And a bit of work on the bunks.

alldodge

Staff member
The rebuild is always slow going, nice workmanship.

Also looks like most your previous pics are gone

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Yes I remember she was a mess when you started.
Photobucket works good, but I like to upload to iboats because it takes outside sources out of the mix.

GA_Boater

Was that an add-on "sun room"?

She looks a lot better now than after the recovery.

GA_Boater

That's lookin' nice with the new doors. I like all the glass, it opens up the room.