1995 Crownline Interior restoration....

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Here is today....

working on the cup rail here..corner clamp...Im sure Nurseman has 70 of these!!!!!

Time to cut and stretch the right hand side panel....

Herre is how I did the inside corner... lots of little cuts to allow the vinyl to stretch the big inside corner...

You will notice ALL inside corners have the "ribbon" cuts to allow enough stretch for the vinyl...

More next post...

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Here is the finished product....

Ill get the cup holder rail nailed on tomorrow...

Have a good night All!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Here is this weekends update...Port side panel complete. Built the exact same as earlier shown...

Customer picked them up today... seemed very happy. And its nice to get those big things out of the shop!!

Have a great rest or your weekend!!

Mark72233

Ensign
Those look awesome and they would have matched my boat too. Nice work. Wish you were closer I'd put in an order.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
Awesome work, are you sure you're not a professional?

I have nothing to add except (I'm sure you know and have applied this)...using a heat gun on some of the compound curves (helm seats) will allow you to pull the all the wrinkles out. WoG definitely can help you here...I cannot as I tried the seats on my CC and decided to take and have them professionally done.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks Baja, yes,steamers are fantastic. I have a Wagner steamer that works great. That and dry heat (heat gun/hair dryer) saved my bacon on my last project. and there is definitely a difference in how they will react on vinyl. If there is a need to use them on this project, I will definitely document.

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
OR...You could invite some politicians into your basement for a debate. With all that HOT AIR those wrinkles wouldn't stand a chance!!!!:eek::D;):lol:

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
What type screw studs are you using for the panels,

and how did you attach the cup holder to the side panel?

Thanks

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey 52, the cup rails had a "nailer" that ran the length of the rail and the vertical piece. Unfortunately, I neglected to take a picture of them. If you look at post 12, the second picture, you can see part of the nailer on the original (lower left corner). They were screwed to the side panel. I used "prime guard exterior screws" that were over countersunk and sealed with WoG's old-timer formula dripped over top.

Last edited:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Here is today's update..

Theses are the front face of the engine compartment..Structure is covered with 1/4 in. scrim foam, then wrapped with the vinyl.

I was pretty nervous about these corners....but all came out well. What you are seeing here is the corners after pulled and stapled.... but the outside edges are not pulled yet.

Surprisingly, almost all of the wrinkles came out except the one inside corner..

I pulled the staples and re-stretched the corner...here is a old vs new shot.

More next post..

Last edited:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Both port and starboard sides done...

Carpet trim on the inside pieces. (black)

Here are a couple other pieces of trim...

WoG's Old timer formula..

More next post..

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Same process...stretch, pull and staple...

Also had to put a repair on Nauti-Thoughts cover... we had several rounds of 4+ inch deluge rain last week, more expected tomorrow!!.. the Gander Mountain cover shot craps and tore (again)... so here are a couple repairs.. to get by until I make the custom cover for her.. the strips are attached with Super 77 on both sides, then stitched on...

Here you an see the other repairs that have been required to the POS cover....

Thats all for today.. have a great weekend.. and love on those MOM's tomorrow!!

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Very nice! Good save on the boat cover too! My vinyl tarp boat cover wore a hole through where the flybridge plexiglass wind screen rubbed through. I don't know if I should try and fix it (it's 9 yrs old) or just replace it. I wonder if the 77 would hold?

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Mostly Bits and pieces today...trying to knock out all the little bits so I can work on the big pieces. Not much new in terms of technique. But here they are...

Here is my hillbilly tracing tool... sharpie zipped tied to a compass. Actually works very nice for quick layouts.

These are all made using the same processes Ive shown so far...except for the carpet and piping I suppose..

Here is a side piece...

I love rotten wood!!! Not!

I dont know if you guys do this, but I use a spade bit to relive tight inside corners, that way I dont have to bind the jigsaw blade.

More next post...

Last edited: