1996 SeaArk Suntastic 20' Aluminum

starmate

Seaman Apprentice
I just picked up this boat last week and spent this weekend cleaning it out.

Attachments

• photo239927.jpg
    photo239927.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 4
  • photo239928.jpg
    photo239928.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 6
  • photo239929.jpg
    photo239929.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 8
  • photo239930.JPG
    photo239930.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 9
  • photo239931.JPG
    photo239931.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 9
  • photo239933.jpg
    photo239933.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 8

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
What is this, a tin deck boat? I'm kinda jealous, as a kid my G-pa had a glass Viking deck boat that was great. I've always looked at them (deck boats) but thought the work to bring a glass one back was more than I wanted to invest. Now that I know they exist in tin I might have to watch for one.

Be interesting to see what you do with it. :nod:

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
Nice boat, if you decide to modify it there are endless possibilities there. Lowe and Grumman made aluminum deck boats.

64osby

Admiral
Makes me think of the War Eagles. Nice big tin. Will be interesting to see how it is put together and what it takes to get it sea worthy again.

starmate

Seaman Apprentice
This has an aluminum hull. I also have the original brochure somewhere and there was an option for a Fiberglass deck. You guessed it this has one and it has a cored fiberglass deck that is spongy under the console and pilots seat. I'm just starting to dig into it, and it looks like I need some plywood and fiberglass.
Somewhere on the forum I saw that somebody bought one like this that PO had removed the fiberglass deck. I would really like to see those pics.

jorgamboa

Recruit
Here's a pic of what I did with mine. Pretty much took everything up and started fresh; kept the console, lids/doors, and some hardware. Besides that I went new marine grade 3/4" fir, sealed it with a couple coats of helmsman spar urethane, fastened it down with all new stainless material, then applied the vinyl. Previous to its makeover it had wood with carpet glued down, boy was that fun to strip down! It took a lot of stripper, elbow grease, some light fab/welding work and there she is, in all her glory. I recently mounted an Xi5 troll motor and a transom mount stayput anchor, needless to say I'm ready to hit the bay. There are a few other additions I've failed to mention but once I get some spare time I plan on posting the the renovation process(with pics), until then if I can help let me know.