Colour code Sunbird SWL 203

Andrik

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am going to paint my Sunbird SWL 203 back to its original colour. Does anyone know the colour code or the name of the white colour for the top coating on this boat?

Andrik

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks, I found it. I live in Norway, it will be very expensive with shipping and taxes. Is the code a common colour code that I can give to a paint manufacturer in Norway, or is it just a strictly Spectrum parts number?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Remember its NOT paint...it's Gelcoat. There IS a difference!!! You DON'T have to use Gelcoat, you CAN paint over the gelcoat and many people choose to do so!!

Last edited:

Andrik

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Remember its NOT paint...it's Gelcoat. There IS a difference!!! You DON'T have to use Gelcoat, you CAN paint over the gelcoat and many people choose to do so!!

Yes, I will mix in wax to make it top-coating.

harleyman1975

Ensign
If you paint it you will be using paint which is enamel or urethane...if you gelcoat it you will be using gelcoat which is polyester. If it has been PAINTED once before you have to strip off all the old paint if you plan to gelcoat. Gelcoat will not permanently adhere to old paint. if you paint it then simply fine sanding the old paint will suffice.

Andrik

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yes, what I meant; if I use gelcoat, I will mix in some wax to make it topcoat. But I will probably use paint to do it the easiest way.