16ft hardtop aluminum boat restoration ***lots of pics***

Kadentheboatlover

Seaman Apprentice
Hey,

Just bought this boat for $500 the deck is completely rotten. I found this out when I stepped in the boat through the deck and into 4 inches of water. I wasn't mad because now at least I know she doesn't leak :p ... anyway hope you guys enjoy this, I will be updating everyday in the evening after I'm done working on her during the day.

Also hoping you guys can give me an idea what brand of boat she is ie. Lund, mirrocraft, Starcraft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
IMHO that is NOT a factory hardtop installation!!!! I wonder how stable she is in a strong wind!!!!????:eek::D;)

Kadentheboatlover

Seaman Apprentice
Hey,

I know it's a weird DIY job ... But it's light. And I prefer hardtop to soft tops simply because you almost never have to fuss with them.

Ps: jbcurt00 how did you post that image right to the board my ipad won't let me x-(

pss: I can't seem to find a coast guard approved hp label. does anybody know what it's max hp will be. it has a seized irrcuverable 95 hp evinrude on the back now. Is that too big? Too small?

64osby

Admiral
Did you get a title with the boat?

Is there a HIN on the upper right of the transom?

Hull looks like a 60's Lonestar but it could be anything.

Kadentheboatlover

Seaman Apprentice
64osby no i haven't gotten a title yet he is on vacation right now and will be coming back in 3-4 weeks, i can get the title then ... or so he says :p

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Interesting boat - In a cooler climate I could see that cabin being a sweet boat to fish from.

64osby no i haven't gotten a title yet he is on vacation right now and will be coming back in 3-4 weeks, i can get the title then ... or so he says :p

I would fix this issue before doing a thing to it.