Fuel Tank Replacement for 1988 Bayliner Ciera?

holbroos

Cadet
I have a leaking fuel tank on my cabin cruiser boat and need some help or information on how to replace it. The fuel tank is under the floor of the cabin, so I know im going to have to cut out my fiberglass floor of my cabin. Im just now sure exactly how to do it or where to research to find some information regarding replacing the fuel tank...can anyone help me with some information or a way to find some information...thanks

alldodge

Staff member
Buddy of mine has one of these and all I can say is it will take a lot of cutting. If (Do mean IF) this is the same design you can see the tank connections just in front of the motor. So going to need to pull the motor and then cut on each side of the tank up to the main deck. Also cut the motor bulk head to the boat hull so you can get access to the end of the tank. Then go inside the boat and start cutting the deck to the length of the tank.

Could use some pics to verify this is the same design

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
It depends... What is the boat make, model and year. Some boats, such as my bayliner 2855, you can get to them without removing the cap and/or the deck.

Some others, such as my bayliner 2252, you have to go all the way.

holbroos

Cadet
ill take some pics tomorrow and put em on here...maybe you guys can tell me what to do with my mess.......thanks for the help

alldodge

Staff member
Your pics are not making it, try photobucket and use the image code or upload direct

Here is my thread and what I had to do to remove/replace
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...hull-repair/8846856-formula-27pc-transom-work

Here are pics Formula sent me which told me how to do it. This was done on a twin engine install, mine is a single engine so I have to remove the motor to do it.
fetch

fetch

fetch