My Bayliner Skagit

Greenland South

Recruit
This is my first post here, but I've been lurking for quite some time. I'd like to share a story about this boat. I think it may be be mid 70s vintage.
About 7 years ago I was looking around for a boat project, and a friend offered me a 20' Cuddy of unknown make. The boat was sitting on Vancouver island and all I would need was a trailer to get it home. I haven't yet seen this boat. So off to Vancouver I go in search of a suitable trailer to get this boat home. Well after about 3 days of searching for a trailer I talk to this guy and he has what I want and it's close to where the boat is. So off I go up island to finally have a look at this boat. When I finally lay eyes on this thing, to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. So I call up my buddy just to make sure I'm looking at the right boat. Yup it's the one, and he says I told ya it needs a bit of work.
So I call the guy I had offered to buy the trailer from and let him know this boat thing is not going to work out and I won't be needing the trailer. He asks what kind of boat you looking for? I tell him I/O around 20'. He says that's what is on the trailer I was going to sell you. Anyway 2 days later I'm heading home with partially dismantled boat and a truck load of spare parts and a rebuilt 350GM.
Life got in the way nothing got done and 3 years later I sell the boat and trailer for a few hundred more than I paid for it. The guy towed the boat away and said he would be back for the rest. I kept calling the guy to come get the rest of the shrapnel and the engine. Eventually I lost touch with him. So last spring I'm havin a beer with a buddy whose been storing the engine in a corner of his shop. What ever happened about this boat deal he asks. Don't know can't find the guy. A few minutes later the phone rings, guy on the other end says this is Tyrell. The guy I sold the boat to. He says my girlfriend has been talking to you about coming to Fort Nelson to do a home inspection, I believe you're scheduled for this Friday. Would you be interested in taking the boat back for the price of the home inspection. I laughed out loud, I had been kicking myself for selling it. So I bought the boat for the second time. It looked exactly like it did when I sold it.
So I'm finally going to get going on this project. Pics to follow.

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
:welcome::canada:Welcome GS. Great story! Sounds like destiny, you're meant to have that boat. I look forward to following along on your rebuild project.....unless you decide to sell it again :lol:/