trim for windshield glass. NTGC?

Good day all,
hello to everyone, !

I own a 1990 Mariah xlt2150 im slowly restoring.
My boat windshield seals are starting to rot, i really dont want to replace the entire windshield. the markings on it are NTGC, which i thought met north Texas glass company.
if this is the case they dont seem to exist in there previous form if in fact this is what these initials mean.
Since the original mariah is long out of business, and the other forum i belong to, mariah owners club , no one seems to know who owns this windshield.
Ive called Taylor glass, they didn't make this, and tried widow trim from several different outlets included great lakes skipper. nothing seems to fit right. I asking , does anyone know who makes this??
thank you for your help.

Attachments

• boat window.jpg
    boat window.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
  • F32706B1-20B6-46B3-ACD7-AEB46DCFA88D(1).JPG
    F32706B1-20B6-46B3-ACD7-AEB46DCFA88D(1).JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'd take a sample of the molding to a local glass company and see if they have something that might substitute and work. Might not be perfect and yet still get the job done. Boats aren't like cars, once a model is no longer made parts are very hard to come by.

thanks for the help! i will check the site out. actually ive taken that trim to two boat shops and two windshield places. nothing. i had 4 samples sent to me from 4 different places none of them quite worked. Ive tried Taylor but not American marine. ill give them a shot. yes its acrylic

fhhuber

Lieutenant
I'm a bit confused here... you say you need seals, but you're looking for the glass maker.

You shouldn't care about the glass maker.

You just need to figure out how to buy/make replacement rubber parts to seal the glass to the frame, correct?

Start with the closest shape pre-made seal possible and glue it in with a high grade sealant.

What we need to see in order to help is a cross section of a piece of the rubber seal from a place where its relatively intact.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Some think that all the parts come from the original maker. So he was looking to see if they supplied parts.

If the window maker was let's say , Taylor made , the hope was for me to call Taylor made and say what seals did you guys use in your windshield frames . I figured they would go together like peanut butter and jelly but I called Nashville glass they pretty much told me the glass is made for the manufacture and the manufacture being Mariah they would have installed it into whatever frame they used . Since Mariah is no longer in business in there original form , this is where I'm at . Here is a pic of the trim

No Title

Attachments

• photo238692.JPG
    photo238692.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo238693.JPG
    photo238693.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo238694.JPG
    photo238694.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo238695.JPG
    photo238695.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 0

jbcurt00

Staff member
Try Wefco, they may want a short sample of what you've got.

Thanks for the help everyone. I sent a sample to wefco last week . The package arrived destroyed with the sample of trim missing . Gonna send another sample this week !! Love the USPS