Old Aristocraft boat, 1950ish?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sorry if I stepped on your toes jb.
No toes were harmed

Good luck finding a good boat for the Merc 1500, hope ya find one soon. Lots to do for a project boat to be ready by the end of May.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
You should also Know that running an over powered boat makes insurance NULL and Void and makes you guilty in all incidents. Lake Patrols can get REAL Sticky about this kind of Stuff. That's why they have regulations about this kind of thing. Fudging a little is kinda overlooked in most cases but 50%...I'm Thinkin.....NOT!!!! As to cutting out the seats Yup sure can. Putting a bench seat in the back... UHMMM you're already wanting to hang an oversized overweight motor on her and now you want to put a wrap around bench seat in the back for 4 passengers @ 150lbs per = 600 more lbs. " I have a decent amount of marine knowledge." :eek::facepalm:

YBinc

Cadet
After careful consideration... I am pressing on with the project. I feel confident about the setup. Any info on customization of this boat and a way to figure out year and model would be extremely appreciated.

fhhuber

Lieutenant
I'd find a different hull...

If you really want to restore the old Aristo, go for it, but find something you can just drop the engine on and go for now. Someone who recently blew up a 150 will likely let the hull go cheap.