Pics of My New Boat Deck Replacement and Restoration

ERock82

Petty Officer 1st Class
image_237601.jpg image_237614.jpg image_237613.jpg image_237612.jpg image_237611.jpg image_237610.jpg image_237609.jpg image_237608.jpg image_237607.jpg image_237606.jpg image_237605.jpg image_237604.jpg image_237603.jpg image_237602.jpg image_237615.jpg Here are some pics from putting a new deck in my boat last year. I made several posts on here and the hull truth forum regarding questions and concerns that I had. I don't think I could have done this without everyones help, so thank you!!!

I began the process in January of 2015. By late May 2015 I had the new deck completed, seat base bottoms built, gunwales patched, and new carpet installed. The boat used to be hooked to two external fuel tanks. I cleaned and inspected the original tank and reinstalled with a new sender. I also installed a bilge pump and replaced all of the old pitted cleats and hardware.

In August 2015 I finally found a new motor, as my Force 40 was shot. I put a Mercury 50hp 2 stroke on which you can see in one of the pics.

My old seats were pretty bad but I used them temporarily until I could afford new ones and was able to take the boat out several times from September till December. I purchased 1 new seat in December and realized my bases weren't right. In December I made adjustments to the seat bases, including custom built slider rails to accommodate the new seats. A few weeks ago I installed both new back to back seats and a Fish Finder.

Along the way I had done many other small things to the boat that were needed including new interior edge trim, new steering cable, new parts for throttle controls, installed a trim switch on throttle handle, removed beat up graphics from inside and outside of boat, installed new trailer springs, rewired trailer with all new lights, new transom trim, cup holder and rod holders installed and a few other things as well.

This boat was an absolute mess when I bought it. I just did not realize how much of a mess at the time because it looked okay at a distance, ran great at first and was a lot of fun until the problems with the motor got out of hand. I really liked this particular model boat and rather than junking it I decided to just fix it up.

I may put a windshield back on in the future and eventually will have that bottom paint removed. There's really not much else. I did this restoration living in a 1 bedroom apartment with the boat out in the parking lot by another building that did not always have access to electricity. I only had nights and weekends available so I got real comfortable with working with a head lamp,lol. If I can do that in those conditions then anyone can but I may be a little crazy haha.

Anyway, just wanted to share. Thanks!

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Looks to me like you're ready for an enjoyable 2016 Boating Season!!! Another job Well Done!!!!:clap2:

ERock82

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks Woodonglass. You definitely helped me out a lot on the fiberglassing stuff!