1988 Larson Citation 170DC Seat Question

hilly7

Cadet
Somebody had replaced the original seats with folding seats on what looks like metal poles. I've looked around and can't find back to back lounger seats except new ones. I read on the customer remarks some pretty bad things on new ones being weak. I'm at a loss. Should I just put 2 single seats or is there an affordable back to back that is good?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
You Know the old Adage..."You get what you Pay For!!!" What's your Budget??

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I went with complete new, the entire set. I know it's pricy but to have them re done was just as much and more work. in your case, you would have to make a base and make the rest. finding good used ones is close to impossible. I do have my old ones, but shipping them to tn would negate any savings as they would have to be redone.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yeah, Finding a Good set of Back to Back Seats for $300 is NOT gunna happen. You can't ever make your own for that!!!!:eek:;)

Last edited:

hilly7

Cadet
Ok, 300 aside, any good seats you'd recommend? I figured I'd think low but that usually don't work too well, lol. I done that on my old cars and bike, guess the boat will be next. I'm new to boats, the is the 2nd one I've bought, the 1st didn't quite make it, but its still here, just in case.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Didn't quite make it?

Iboats carries back to back loungers
http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Seats-Po...cm_sp=ForumLinks-_-InlineShopLink-_-BoatSeats

There are slight variations on seats, height of the back rest, seat base dimensions, type of operable mechanism.

I'd suggest you go take a look at some and preferably sit in some.

Wally world sells seats, but not all stores carry them. Their least expensive set may not be the 'best' comfort level or level of finish. I think the bases are white, unwrapped (no vinyl) plastic.

If you find a set you like, give iboats the chance to price match them if we carry them and ask for the forum member discount. Yes, it does require a phone call, but in exchange for a free forum, a 5min call isnt a lot to ask.

Thanks

hilly7

Cadet
Well I went with high back bucket seats for the front. The 2 that are there now will be moved to the back for now, so will their Pedestals since I don't like the height. I ended up looking all around but came back to iboats, they had the best price and choice. I just ordered the pedestals tonight, had the seats for a while now. Thanks to everybody for their help. Heck, I may even put new carpet in this thing.