***HELP*** New build, I need help!!

rileychad

Petty Officer 3rd Class
get ready to spend some money fast because boating can be very fun but very expensive im slowly working on a restoration now that I thought wouldn't take much but I was in for a surprise and at first I wanted to hurry up and get it back together and out on the water with my family but I got a lot of good advice on here and im glad I decided to take it because you will have more peace at mind on the water with all your family on it and if repaired right you will have just about a new boat
just experience
thanks
cr

jbcurt00

Staff member
I'm also looking for a owners manual that would have all the parts and part #s I need. Can anyone point me to an electronic copy of one?

For what the motor?

Ask that in the motor topic ;)

For the boat, Wood is right, not available, never was.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
If the OMC does not work and you do decide to gut, grind, clean, repair. You could think about putting in a Mercruiser setup. You may need to find a doaner boat. That way you have extra parts.

I got my boat free :rolleyes: yea right :facepalm:. I'm nearly 2k into it and I still need a motor. But it is a fun project and when I'm finished I'll have a nearly new boat for a fraction of the new boat cost.

May want to check out Friscoboater's SeaRay ( http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...ck-and-stringer-restoration-splashed?t=454460 ). He bought a lake ready boat for a good chunk $$ and found out it needed a total rebuild. He does a great build with helpful Video's.

xmxaxrxtxyx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've just restored or am in the process of restoring 3 14' - 16' boats, and believe me even THOSE costs 1,000's!! If you don't wanna do the work, or have the time, get rid of it!:( Good Luck!!