Flipping A Boat - Video Tutorial

Itsanss

Seaman Apprentice
Timelapse video a friend and I made with an iPhone 6.

Need to do some sanding on bottom side. This was the easiest to do so as nearly as we could tell!

How to flip a 1958 Texas Maid Falcon 14? aluminum boat.

Things you will need:
Beer
More than yourself (help)
Whitechapel?s The Brotherhood of the Blade album
Beer
Ratchet straps
Turnbuckle
Engine hoist
Jack that lifts reasonably high and/or wood blocks
Beer
Patience
Redneck engineering degree
A boat
Building with trusses that?ll hold the weight of said boat
About an hour or so of time

Hope this helps!

Do this at your and your boats own risk!!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7s_kh0GvTw[/youtube]

Tnstratofam

Commander
I would love to see some good old fashioned redneck engineering, but your video link only takes me to the main you tube page not the video.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Oh Yeah, Yer video werks Jest Fine fer me!!!! That was slicker than snot on a door knob!!!! Doncha just love it when a plan comes together!!!:encouragement:

Tip for others wanting to do this another time.

A piece of plywood Securely C-Clamped to Transom of the boat with and eye bolt in it OR and eyebolt inserted in the Drain tube of the transom or Splash well and then a Strap run thru the eye bolt will facilitate the rotation of the hull in a similar manner.

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Bravo, Bravo. How did you all walk that fast. :facepalm:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I cracked up when ya had to lift the front to get the trailer guide posts under it ... :D

Itsanss

Seaman Apprentice
Oh Yeah, Yer video werks Jest Fine fer me!!!! That was slicker than snot on a door knob!!!! Doncha just love it when a plan comes together!!!:encouragement:

Tip for others wanting to do this another time.

A piece of plywood Securely C-Clamped to Transom of the boat with and eye bolt in it OR and eyebolt inserted in the Drain tube of the transom or Splash well and then a Strap run thru the eye bolt will facilitate the rotation of the hull in a similar manner.

Your redneck lifestyle really speaks to me!! Lol Thanks for the added tip! We?re certainly in no way, shape, or form professionals!

Bravo, Bravo. How did you all walk that fast. :facepalm:

Thanks! Our legs were very tired after this! Amazing technology built right into cell phones these days. Love it!

Now I see it.

Very nice!

Record time to boot!:encouragement:

Glad it worked for you! Our video reminds me so much of the videos that are seen on TV of someone working on something. The video makes it look super easy, but in reality it?s nothing but painful. Lol This was a little over an hour of time condensed down to a minute. So cool!

I cracked up when ya had to lift the front to get the trailer guide posts under it ... :D

Oh, man. We were stuck for the longest time trying to figure out how to get the trailer out from underneath the boat and it all basically boiled down to the guide posts being in the way. We came THIS close to cutting one off and then welding it back on later. Lol!

Thanks for the love, ya?ll!