Anyone that owns a Bayliner Please Help

ERock82

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am in the process of "blindly" building back to back seat bases. Nothing to go on other than pictures online. I am to the point where I may go look at a Capri for sale online and pretend I'm interested in buying it just to look at the seat bases. They might get suspicious when I bust out the measuring tape and take notes haha. I hate doing something like this so if anyone can help me that would be so nice!

Here is what I can't figure out:

I have always been under the impression that the Bayliner model back to back lounge seats lounge out "EQUALLY" on center of the base. HOWEVER, the maximum distance that the slider bars (metal poles on bottom of seats) can extend is 28". There is a slot at the end of each plastic slider piece that I would assume is for the lounge position. BUT?.that slot is at 34". IMPOSSIBLE for the seat to extend to that slot IF IT IS CENTERED on the base when lounged.

WHY is that slot there on both sides of the rail? Are you supped to pull it to one side only and use just one slot, either front or back of base?

I will circle what I am talking about in a picture attached.

This is important to know because I am building an end piece of the base and need to know how tall to make it. If too tall and the seats do in fact pull out to one particular side to lounge in that slot, they would be all messed up if I have that piece too high.

If anyone in the Tampa Bay area is willing to let me come measure their seat base that would be great too.

Please look at the pics and let me know.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Plastic Slider Rail Measurements.jpg
    Plastic Slider Rail Measurements.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 1
  • SEAT BASE SAMPLE.jpg
    SEAT BASE SAMPLE.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Seat Base Pic Sample 2.jpg
    Seat Base Pic Sample 2.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 1

jbcurt00

Staff member
Ya might consider giving 'em more then an hour 45 to reply.

Some do work during the day.

Patience is supposed to be a virtue after all.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
You need to specify what model/year of Capri you are working on.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Right from the iboats store. Regular back to backs have the helm end of the seat anchored and immovable. BL seats with the Z-Bar slide from the center fore and aft.

wd1225_0031_mid_6.gif