bench or not to bench...

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
Here some pics of my dilemma for the winter.

i was very proud with my stringer and transom repair I want to upgrade my boat with another issue i dont like with my boat.

as you could see i have the old style swivel plastic seat that squeaks horribly tried to fix it but without success. even if i fix the squeak i want to transform the seat with a bench style one piece fiberglass extension.

my thinking is cut off or add too the storage space underneath the seats. i would raise it at least 20'' so i could have more like a rest then a seat that i crouch down. the reason why so high is when i drive the boat i need the height so i could see over the passengers in front of me. also when i fish the action is very quick thus no need to have the low seat.

now my only concern is the distance between the future i would have a very hard time to get into the storage space in the center console.

now i would love the info on you gurus for any suggestions and advice. do i go ahead a build the bench or do i go with buying new posts new seats new rings and keep the current setup?

what say you?

Attachments

• photo234627.jpg
    photo234627.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo234628.jpg
    photo234628.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo234629.jpg
    photo234629.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo234630.jpg
    photo234630.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
Just change the center console door from swing open to lift out. Put some kind of catch or lip on the inside to keep the door from falling in and add one or two rotatable catches, or thumb screws

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
yes i think one my fellow trophy owners have done that kind of setup. Arawak did that. for the doors..

how high should i make the seat? any standards? im thinking bar stool height..