14' bench seat boat restore

xmxaxrxtxyx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well this was my 1st job for someone else so I couldn't really give much of an estimate:(
He did tell me he wants a floor, pedastal seats and repaint, otherwise he said to use it like my own...(bad idea on his part because I spend money on my stuff!!) Lol
And yea I would have advised him to get a new one too, but even I didn't think it'd cost that much!!

uncndl1

Cadet
I would love to see a picture of the final product on this modification. I'm in the process of copying the wood seats and transom for a similar aluminum boat. Yes, it truly is a labor of love, and a challenge to keep costs down. Since my boat was a gift, I have a little wiggle room. Now that I have it all apart, I just want some warmer weather to finish and get her on the water again. Plywood, Marine Adhesive, Spar Varnish, Mineral Spirits, SS Nuts & Bolts, Linseed Oil, Paint & Primer quickly add up. I'd say the most important thing I've learned reading through all these restoration posts is that it's important to plan ahead, as time and materials can add up quickly.

xmxaxrxtxyx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Man I screwed up on that!! I didn't get a finished pic before I sent the boat back!!:( sorry
Yea $ goes up in smoke on boat restoration!!
But I enjoy it, so as long as ppl keep calling me, I'll keep doing it:) I dont make much $ on them but it is invaluable experience if I decide to start a marine business someday:)