'85 Chris Craft Scorpion 168 Replacement Fuel Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chef Shawn

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Having a heck of a time trying to find a replacement tank for the boat. 39x27x7, with a couple of weird angles to fit in the belly. Anyone else replaced one? Not sure of capacity, 22 gal I think.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
What's the tank made of?

May need to have a one made custom if it absolutely has to be the same size but a quick look found me some close options from Moeller that could be a workable substitute. There's many more so some deeper looking could find closer matches.

43x25.75x8.6

35x25.5x8

Chef Shawn

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The original tank was aluminum. It developed holes in the top of tank and I had to yank it. I have brought the rest of the boat back to awesome, so I'm not going to let a fuel cell stop me now. I have found those sizes also, TDF, but that 7" tall limitation has me scratching my head finding a match. The original had 1" cushions on the bottoms, so maybe the 8" would work, but I would think I'm not the ONLY person to every replace a tank in this boat model.

Bondo

Staff member
but I would think I'm not the ONLY person to every replace a tank in this boat model.

Ayuh,..... There's an outfit in Florida that welds up boat fuel tanks, in any size or shape ya want, though I don't have their contact info,...

Also, google up Oceanlink,... They build plastic tanks, in thousands of shapes, 'n sizes,...

Batmanrjw

Recruit
chef, I'm in the same situation. looked everywhere for one to fit. what did you end up doing?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
chef, I'm in the same situation. looked everywhere for one to fit. what did you end up doing?

What he did was stop visiting the forum. Please start a new thread of your own.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.