New restore project 1970's Sears Gamefisher

Dale Landon

Cadet
Well I've started my Sears Gamefisher project and I will be posting pictures soon

gm280

Supreme Mariner
WOW some really big wheels/tires on such a little trailer. If you can, look for some smaller wheels tires so you don't have to back the entire trailer in the water to launch your boat. The lower the trailer, the easier to launch and retrieve your boat. I will be interested in watching your restore project. JMHO! :thumb:

Dale Landon

Cadet
I paid $60 for the boat and trailer, there are no springs on the trailer so I bought a kit , hopefully it doesn't raise it up too high, I might have to get a offset set of spindles

Last edited:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
nice! am almost jealous!! If you can weld and fit, you can make a drop axle from the one you have; and you can modify the trailer specific to your needs. Those big tires come in handy when launching from the shore - no ramp. Also, mount axle on topside of springs for less height.

Dale Landon

Cadet
nice! am almost jealous!! If you can weld and fit, you can make a drop axle from the one you have; and you can modify the trailer specific to your needs. Those big tires come in handy when launching from the shore - no ramp. Also, mount axle on topside of springs for less height.

Yeah for sure, luckily I have a nice weld shop so I can modify the axles

Dale Landon

Cadet
We ended up gutting the inside and removing the seats , its finally a nice day so my son and I are doing some prep and fiberglass repair

Last edited:

Dale Landon

Cadet
No Title

Attachments

• photo233798.jpg
    photo233798.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo233799.jpg
    photo233799.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 0

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
absolutely!! looking like you're halfway through with the camo paint job? JK! but now I am jealous... nice welding shop takes all the fun out lol

Dale Landon

Cadet
No Title

When I removed the seats I found a hard foam underneath about 1' square I cut them out because of the fiber glass work , can anyone tell me why they are there? Sears claims the boat is unsinkable?

Attachments

• photo233937.jpg
    photo233937.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0

Dale Landon

Cadet
No Title

I test painted the transom where the motor mounts with rustoleum topside paint because it doesn't spend an extended time in the water, do I need to have a clear coat because it seems to be susceptible to scuffing

Attachments

• photo234440.jpg
    photo234440.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Dale Landon

Cadet
No Title

I welded and installed the springs today

Attachments

• photo234441.jpg
    photo234441.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 0

Dale Landon

Cadet
You were given a tablet or smartphone running Chrome? That you are now using to access the forum?

Can you be any more specific about pix posting problem?

toneeees

Im running chrome on my windows and chrome on my smartphone, i reduce the size of the pics because of the upload size limit and try but it doesn't work