1967 Starcraft resto, code name "On Holiday"

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hate to here that, but great that all went well.

Stints/bypass?

Check in w us when you can. Boat, boat work and the tin hat fellas will be here when you're back at it.

Good thoughts headed your way. Rest up and do what the docs and The Admiral tell ya.

Speedy recovery!

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
Late winter is a good time to rest up for summer. It sounds like you have a good attitude and a family that will get you back on your feet soon. Be well.

Ron

dozerII

Admiral
Glad to hear your still with us, listen the the Doctor and family and rest up for summer.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Dang DP! Sorry to hear about the interruption to the work. But as others have said, it's imperative to follow doctor's orders and heal correctly. Even after you start feeling a bit better, don't overdo. Wouldn't want a relapse! Take care. :tears_of_joy:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Glad to hear everything is going to be alright. I just got back from a whirlwind visit to Montana. Have to say I love it there but there's a serious lack of boating water compared to WA. The Missouri River looks a bit shallow and narrow but boy does it have some length.

dpotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You'll have to come my way. Lots of great water. Lots of fantastic fishing lakes. Thx for all the kind words guys. I feel better than I have in years. Just following Dr's orders. Can't wait for a full recovery.

dpotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok guys, I've been released by the doctor. Got the skid loader back together(with some help of course). Now to catch up on what I haven't been able to do so I can get back to the boat project. loader.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Isn't that thing stern heavy? LOL

Glad you got the go ahead from the Docs. Just don't push - OK?

Dantana Tin

Seaman
Here's hoping you pace yourself and not try to make up for lost time. "Slow and steady wins the race". However truly glad to here about the speedy recovery and that you're up and at em.

dpotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok, well enough for some progress. Once the skid loader was fixed, I emptied the carport and got ready for concrete floors and the closing in for a garage/shop. I ended up finishing stripping the donor boat. Got rack and pinion steering, gage cluster, wiring, fuse panel and lots of small stuff. I'll put the tim boat back in the shop once the floor is cured enough. donor2.jpg

Last edited:

Dantana Tin

Seaman
Probably a sad sight for a glassers, but all I see is you getting one step closer to finishing your Holly. Personally I believe that's got to be one of the best feelings.

dpotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sure glad to see the progress on everyones boats out there. I'm still here, but have had some catching up to do. Finally got a concrete floor in the garage/carport. Plan is to enclose it over the summer. floor.jpg

Last edited:

dpotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The new trailer is a single bunk on each side. I want more support than that so now that it's on the trailer I can measure where to put each of the furure bunks. My plan is to put a piece of angle iron on the existing bunk supports and then install the bunks on each side of the lower ribs. Thoughts?

dpotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
With any luck, I'll get her back off the trailer tomorrow, pull the windshield and turtle her. Then the real fun begins.

dpotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi Guys, been gone for a while. Almost done with Cardiac rehab. Picked up a slide-in truck camper so I'll have a place to stay while using the boat in the summers and in the south in the winter. With that said, I didn't find what I wanted for a pickup so I've been building one. I found a nice OBS ford 3/4 ton. Converted it to a 1 ton. Replaced the bad 7.3 diesel with a Cummins 12v and 5 sp manual. Almost done. It's in the shop now being painted. Well, since it's not home, I found a kicker motor for the boat project I couldn't pass up. a Mecr 9.9 painted similar my Merc 115. Now that I've built the truck, I've changed my paint colors for the boat to match the truck. Yeah, I know, but WTH.

Attachments

• image_250035.jpg
    image_250035.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image_250036.jpg
    image_250036.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 3
  • image_250037.jpg
    image_250037.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 3
  • image_250038.jpg
    image_250038.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 3

jbcurt00

Staff member
Welcome back

Cardiac rehab?

Nice looking tow rig/camper setup

dpotter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes, I had a heart attack a few months ago. Not such a big deal with modern medicine. 3 stents and home same day. Wow