Question about installing Stainless Steet cup holders.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I bought four nice stainless steel cup holders that mount into the hull for a flush mount design. And they are nice and have a threaded section in the center of the bottom to accommodate some type drain tube. I understand how to mount them, but what type drain tube have others used for the drain and what type fitting do you use to allow a nice flush mount opening where the drain come out? The thread section have a plastic thread part the fits on the drain section but I can figure out how it is used with the tube. Any ideas? This is what they look like;
s-l500.jpg

As you can see the center threaded drain section. But how does a drain tube fit on them and what is used at the other end to terminate the outlet? :noidea:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
If they are like mine, the "threads" on the bottom of the cup are actually a hose barb for tubing.

No terminations on the other end. Just routed down to the bilge.

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If they are like mine, the "threads" on the bottom of the cup are actually a hose barb for tubing.

No terminations on the other end. Just routed down to the bilge.

I guess I can try something like what you suggested. It is just that the plastic black part sticking out from the bottom has a threaded plastic piece that threads over the drain plastic and you can remove it. But how a tube is suppose to fit leaves me wondering. I can install a tube on the threaded section I guess. But it isn't obvious that is how it is to work. Thanks dingbat anyways for your time and reply. I'll give it a go. I also seen an install on You Tube where the guy used a barbed plastic outlet for his termination fitting and was wondering what others used and/or where did he get that barbed outlet. :noidea:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
This might be informative...

WOW WOG, seems we both watched the exact same cup install. That was the only one I watched and as you can see he uses a white plastic barbed outlet fitting at the end od the tube. That was one of the questions I had. Where do you get something like that. I've looked... And I can easily buy some plastic tubing to make work, but there seems to be some special setup for the tube because of the threaded part. :noidea: Thanks WOG for taking your time to help out. It is appreciated for sure. :thumb:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Uhmmm, I think he's looking for the finished Thru the Hull fitting???:noidea: