help identifying this 17 foot bass boat

rodknee1231

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I know it's a sea sprite. model says 17 bass. I can not find any info on does anyone have any info regarding anything about this or a link to some info

Mod EDIT: I deleted the topic you started a while ago asking the same basic thing:
hey all I'm new here just picked up this project 17 ft sea sprite I know nothing about it can't really find much info. has a 79 85 horse evinrude on the back I'm currently working on getting that running. I'm really on here to start a build thread and maybe find some one who knows a few things about this boat make and model where to find cosmetic parts for it

Attachments

• photo232519.jpg
    photo232519.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Don't know what it is, but I have to say, I am amazed at how many people acquire boats that they can't identify, I know with me, if I can't identify it, I don't buy it.!

:facepalm:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
what does the title and registration say it is. without title and registration, its a 17' yard planter

jbcurt00

Staff member
Guessing that it's a 1979, if the motor is original, the boat should have a HIN:
hin.jpg

That will confirm maker and year. W the length and it's bass boat styling, maybe you can narrow it down further.

You are likely a ways from needing any cosmetic parts, but what parts are you looking for. Probably going to be tough to find many of the Sea Sprite specific parts, but I'd bet there aren't a whole lot of them. Mostly the same or extremely similar parts to other boat makers.

rodknee1231

Petty Officer 2nd Class
title says 1986 sea sprite 17 bass I searched the hin and didn't find anything. I'd like some windshields for it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Most windshields were off the shelf from just a few makers.

Hit craigs and ebay

Many end up buying a thrashed boat to get a windshield, sometimes they get the boat for free to haul it away.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Great lakes skipper, or marine surplus for NOS windshields. Can find their eBay pages