My Lund President

stantonxr7

Cadet
I am currently restoring a 76 lund president bow rider and am looking for some help... My boat did not come with the rear jump seats and I'm looking to probably build my own. No biggy, but I have been doing some research and thoughts to myself; I think the rear jump seats have the option of swinging up to the height of the engine cover to basically create a large sunbathing area. Does anyone have pictures of the rear jump seats or links to where I can see how the operation of these seats works. I understand the hinging mechanism, but wonder what it used to support for weight once they are in the sunbathing position.

Any help would be appreciated!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard

Gave you a thread all your own.

Click on the Forum Help in the link below/.

Last edited:

stantonxr7

Cadet
need help building hinging jump seats that raise to engine cover height

I am restoring a '76 Lund President I/O Bowrider. It didn't come with the rear jump seats that are next to the engine cover and so I plan to build them. No biggy; but while I've been researching the boat and thinking about what I could do, an idea came to mind... Build the jump seats to raise to the height of the engine cover to create a padded lounge area where one could lay on top of everything level. The engine cover had two pads on top factory and I think this was a factory option for the jump seats.

Does anyone have a picture or knowledge of the mechanism used to support the raised butt cushion and extended back cushion that someone would be able to lay on. I am unsure of how to support the butt cushion that high without drilling holes and inserting a support bar when you want the lounge area. I want this to be as clean and simple as possible. Thanks!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Lets move this to the Resto forum since you are working on your Lund.

Merged the 2 topics, try not to make duplicate posts or topics about the same thing

Pix of what you're working on woild be helpful, perhaps someone will recognize the setup, possibly from a similar mechanism on their boat, even if its not a Lund

Thanks and welcome to iboats

jbcurt00

Staff member
I dont know how Lund did it, but some jump seats can be slide off the seat base, and there is a small cleat mounted to the engine doghouse and another to the gunwale. The jump seat just slides over the cleat to make a large sunbathing pad.

Not complicated, simple, like how many cuddy cabins have a platform to add to the vee berth and cover the walkway, making a much larger sleeping area. Or the boat cabin's dining table is lowered to convert the bench seats into a bed.

Just need to make sure jump seat bottom isnt loose in either position while underway.

stantonxr7

Cadet
That's actually making a lot of sense. There were some 2x2" strips that I removed from the sides of the interior side walls that I thought were just arm rests. Thanks for your response!!! I will be looking into that to see if the height matches up to where it needs to be.