Alumacraft Queen 16 Tinny Tinnie Restoration

Lain

Recruit
Well here we go. Just bought a Queen 16—most of you have probably never seen one. And it begins. A soft restoration just to see how this baby floats, runs, trolls etc… If it goes well, then we'll take it to a thing of unbetold beauty.

Last edited:

Lain

Recruit
Pics of the boat from the sale.

Attachments

• $_57-2.JPG
    $_57-2.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 0
  • $_57-3.JPG
    $_57-3.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 0
  • $_57-1.JPG
    $_57-1.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 0
  • $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    354.8 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well first things first Lain, :welcome: to iboats. Nice to have you aboard...

Is that trailer bent around where the tongue connects to the main frame? It sure looks like it unless it is some type tilt trailer. The boat has nice lines. What are your plans? Are you going to rebuilt it to original, or turn it into some other setup for fishing?

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Good starting point with updated power, nice!

That trailer though......... looks like the center tube came loose from the A-frame cross brace and has slid out about 6" leaving only that little 1/4" pinch bolt to bear the brunt. Hope I'm wrong but if not I'd address that first.

As GM said :welcome: looking forward to seeing what you do with her.

64osby

Admiral
I don't think the trailer frame is bent. I had one that looked like it.

The center tube might be an issue though.

Great looking hull. Have fun with it.

Welcome to iboats. :welcome:

rpost

Cadet
Hi there Lain,
Bob here. First this is a really weird set of circumstances regarding your boat. I bought a queen sixteen two years ago, joined this forum to get some tips on restoration, then never logged in again until tonight.

About a week ago just on a whim, I like you, did not think there was anyone out there with a 1959 boat like mine, so I typed it in google, and found your boat! It was the online ad from Ebay, now I come on here tonight just to post some pics of my boat to see what people thought, and there's your boat again!

Some interesting facts about that boat, if you didn't know already, you can find the production number of your boat stamped in the cast aluminum keel brace, mine was #61. Enjoy the restoration !

plate.JPG
boatsidebeforefull.JPG

sidesmall.JPG 5topside.JPG inside.JPG small_low.JPG

Attachments

• boatsidebfore.JPG
    boatsidebfore.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 0