Restoring Lonestar Admiral

Chick Ludwig

Cadet
Where can I get windshield and brackets, Lonestar logos and decals, builders plate, or other parts for my 14 ft. Lonestar Admiral? I don't know the model year, builders plate, serial number missing.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to iBoats!!!

Post up some pics so we can see what you're working on. This is a "Tinner"...Right??? Windshields are Hard to come by but..If you cruise on over the Fiberglassics.com there is a guy on there that literally has a Semi-Trailer FULL of old vintage windshields from various boats. You can look him up and see what he has. I have some Lonestart emblems and can help make you some Lonestar Decals etc... but need to see what you're working on too!!! The FG site has a LOT of info on the Old lonestar boats so DO check out their library.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Welcome to iboats

Lets see some pix of your Admiral

Windshield and brackets that will work, or can be made to work, can be found on craigs, ebay or other classified ad sites. Might get lucky and find LoneStar ones, but be prepared to look everyday and it still may take a long time.

Same for the LS script logos. If you have at least one, some have cast their own after taking a mold of the existing one. If the 1 you have is cracked, it could probably be repaired enough to pull a mold and cast 2.

GarzonStudios is 1 of many online places you can decals. ReplacementVinyl is another. I got a capacity 'plate' for a SeaNymph from Garzon. It isnt an actual plate, but it is a high quality vinyl label that I could adhere to an aluminum plate then mount it to the boat. Or simply adhere it to the transom directly. Any good local vinyl wrap company could probably replicate anything you can provide a good high res pix of. But then you have to pay their graphics person to create the cut template, and that can get expensive by the hour.

I know a guy on another forum that has done lots of vinyl work for members of that forum, some of which was for a Lone Star. Private message me if you'd like his contact info.

A trophy/engraving place may be able to make you a capacity plate on an actual aluminum plate by using a sublimation process. But again, be prepared for their graphics person to charge by the hour to create it before they can 'print' it. On that other forum, we did that, but w the graphics charge split 10ways, it wasnt cost prohibitive. They were not cheap per plate, though after you factor the graphics charge.

What other parts are you looking for? May have to make a few trips to boat salvage yards to find LS specific stuff. Where are you located?

Welcome again, look forward to the pix. Just a heads up, dont use pressure treated wood anywhere in a tin boat. If it has PT lumber in it now, remove it. Sooner then later.

Chick Ludwig

Cadet
Thanks guys. I still have to pick up the boat after the storms here in Western North Carolina. I live in Hendersonville. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get her home. Probably first of next week. All the stuff I mentioned needing is totally gone. I probably need more, but don't know what else came on the boat. I'll need the "shooting star" decals.

Woodonglass, yes, it's a
tinner. I've had a lifetime of experience building and repairing fiberglass boats, but this is my first tinner, and first classic restoration.

Last edited:

Chick Ludwig

Cadet
Just got back with my new project, a Lonestar Admiral. Need help identifying the year. It may be a different model than the Admiral. It never had a windshield and there are no holes for "Lonestar" logos on the hull. Were these originally riveted on? I'll need necessarily the correct ones for this boat.

DSCN1696.JPG DSCN1695.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1695.JPG
    DSCN1695.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 0

Chick Ludwig

Cadet
64osby, I Googled pictures of old aluminum boats and found one like it. Here it is, http://www.retrocrestliner.com/1956%...ry%20Woods.htm

Then I found sites showing Lonestar models. No paperwork, no hull serial number. It has a Tennessee registration. I'll go to the agency that handles that and try to get info. on year and serial number.

There is no deck behind the drivers seat. I couldn't find a picture like that (no deck) in the brochures posted in the forums.

Do any of y'all know the years it was produced and the differences each year?

Last edited:

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Is there any evidence of the cross brace in the rear? Someone may have removed one to open up some real estate for hobbies that might be related to a camo paint job. (I wasn't going to mention it but 64 brought it up)

Last edited:

Chick Ludwig

Cadet
No Title

photo232209.JPG It is definitely an Admiral. It measures 14'-6". I thought that the pictures looked like the Clipper too. The only thing that I see other than the rear deck that could identify the year is the bow ornament (picture attached). I did check-out Fiberglassics.

attach10056963.JPG

Last edited:

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
I was looking at the Admiral Deluxe you posted a link to and I was thinking you were calling the rear most seat a deck :facepalm: Having now looked at some of the brochures @ fiberglassics I now see the absent deck you're talking about.

Have you measured the beam? The spec sheet from 56 says the Deluxe is 14' but 2" wider.

Last edited:

Chick Ludwig

Cadet
I think that we've figured it out. It measures 62" at the widest beam. Length is 14'-5 1/2" (Let's call it 14'-6".) This along with an aft seat rather than an aft deck seem to be indicating the Deluxe.

Go to page - 2, y'all....

Last edited:

Chick Ludwig

Cadet
I got the information from Tennessee Wildlife. They say it's a 1950 Lonestar "open". Length 14'-2" (It measures 14'-5 1/2") Ser. number 32356259.

Question: could this be for a different boat? Was the Admiral Deluxe even built as early as 1950? Does anyone have a list of serial numbers?

I'll try to post a catalogue page that someone sent me on another forum. It's definitely the Admiral Deluxe.

56_Admiral_Deluxe.jpg

Last edited:

Chick Ludwig

Cadet
I need some help with information about decals and logos. I have someone that will make these. We've decided that my boat is a 1956 Lonestar Admiral Deluxe. Here are the questions. Is the "lonestar" logo for my year and model a vinyl decal, or is it metal or plastic? I will be replacing it with a new vinyl decal. How long is this logo? How long is the shooting star decal that goes on the bow?

Chick Ludwig

Cadet
Thanks Woodonglass. Looks just like what I need! I'm still not sure of the size for the shooting star. I'm guessing that the "Lone Star" would be the 16" x 3 1/2"

Last edited: