1st Timer - 1974 Starcraft Super Sport

jbcurt00

Staff member
If you scour craigs you might score some inexpensive blue/pink rigid insulation. But HomeDepot or Lowes is where most buy it.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Nice, another one to follow along with. I dont check the other thread enough to find all the SC ones goin on over there.

Question, is that one long bench seat on your starboard side before you gutted her out? I may be putting something similiar back in mine.

64osby

Admiral
One place to find free foam is dumpster diving. Sheet foam is often used in commercial projects.

Well I laid most of the new decking down went fairly smooth but the steering wheel assembly gave me some problems...That woodruff key was very hard to remove but I think I got it. Too dark now to take pictures but will post more soon.

I don't think I am going to lay carpet, was thinking some non skid paint or regular paint with sand in it..

I am at the point where I am starting to think about the design of the inside, was thinking about a raised section with a seat in the front, not sure about a live well or not, plus battery compartments, storage for an anchor life jackets so ect....This is the hard part for me since it more creative. I will probably look through other boat pictures for ideas

Nice, another one to follow along with. I dont check the other thread enough to find all the SC ones goin on over there.

Question, is that one long bench seat on your starboard side before you gutted her out? I may be putting something similiar back in mine.

It was but was all rotted so not sure what I will do..It was okay for storing poles but that was about it

One more thing, I found a company that from whatever they make has tons for 2" X 4" closed sell foam scraps, I figured that would work just fine under the decking for floatation. They are just small blocks but I just put a ton down there..Any reason that is a bad idea?

BTW they are located in m​etro dertroit if anyone else needs some let me know

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
What lengths do they come in and for free or what price? If they were 6ft + pieces id use them. Even if they were shorter and free. As long as you can figure away to keep the pieces from being seperate and bouncing around under the deck and in spaces you use them.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
It was but was all rotted so not sure what I will do..It was okay for storing poles but that was about it

Id use it for dry storage but more for a bench seat while hunting. Kinda like my dads old gumman vhull that has an aluminum box there that serves as a live well, bench seat, or dry storage. Works out nice!