New seat

Rinker85

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 17 foot open bow runabout. It has the typical back to back seats behind the windshield. I want to take the starboard seat and split it in 2. Using only 1 part turned sideways with the back of it against the starboard side of the boat. Then I want to get a pedestal seat for the captain. I want to be above the ability to get my head above the windshield and adjust it back down when needed. There are so many options for pedestal seats I don't know what would be a good fit. And do you think I should just forget about the starboard sideways seat? I guess it would depend on how much room I have once I mount the pedestal seat. Any Ideas.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo229855.jpg
    photo229855.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0

cionjay

Seaman
No Title

I had the same setup as you. I took everything out and installed 2 pedestal seats that I picked up at the local boat salvage yard for $50 a piece. I love it and have plenty of room to fish or ski.

Attachments

• photo229862.jpg
    photo229862.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 0

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
The pedastal for the driver is a good idea. Make sure it swivels.I would forget the sideways seat idea. When I had my Rinker I put a large cooler with a padded top behind the drivers seat. Served 2 purposes, seat and cooler.
INSIDE2_zps8cb5c022.jpg

batman99

Petty Officer 1st Class
For my 17' Bayliner Bowrider, my boat's previous owner did the same seat modification as DRS4164 He simply removed the factory fixed square driver seat and removed its behind the driver square fixed seat, replaced floor rug, and replaced the driver seat with a very comfortable captain seat. This captain seat has a flip up seat base that can be set level to see through the windshield. And, flipped up (bolster position) to see over the windshield. Something like: http://www.iboats.com/mall/image/vie...156_0031_2.jpg

Note: Even with swivel capital chair, I find the chair doesn't do a 100% rotation. It does a 45% to 45% each way. Just enough to swivel sideways - to chat with parallel sitting passenger. Anymore swivel and back of chair hits its controls (much like picture in DRS4164 picture). This is fine for my needs.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Mine actually came from the factory that way. It would swivel almost 360 degrees. It was convenient when anchored. Could face the rear and chat.