Starcraft 19 foot cutty cabin question.

Jim holloway

Recruit
Are there ballast channels that may fill with water on starcraft aluminum riveted boats?
Are there access drain plugs any where on the hull other than the rear main. My boat lists to the right and is always dry or very little water drains from the rear main and the bilge takes care of most water that accumulates but I still have a listing problem.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

No ballast and only the stern drain. Is she listing when sitting still or when she's moving?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: to iboats Jim,

Need a bit more information as GA said, also what do you have a Chief or Islander? Year and motor set up too, or how about some pics? :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
:welcome: to iboats Jim,

Need a bit more information as GA said, also what do you have a Chief or Islander? Year and motor set up too, or how about some pics? :D

:doh: How could I have forgotten to ask for pics? The Starmada Mob will be after me! :eek:

Jim holloway

Recruit
I will add pictures but the engine set up is a 130 horse Yamaha main motor with a 8 horse Yamaha kicker on the starboard side. Fuel tank is port side and stern 20 gallon capacity. The list is most noticeable when at rest or trolling. When underway and on plane it steers hard to starboard also. I have to keep hard pressure to port on the wheel. When two people stand on port side their is only minor change in listing but if two people stand to starboard the list is very dramatic.

Last edited: