Plastic dash material

ericcarr2000

Ensign
Ok guys, I have a 90 sundancer that I need to replace a piece of my dash where my gauges are mounted on. The plastic is Black in color with grey horizontal stripes on it. Does anyone know where I can get some of this material? I need a piece that's approximately 4 feet long by 9 inches tall.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
No, but you can either buy a small piece of arclic plexiglass and cut it with a jigsaw and paint it or make it with some cardboard and fiberglass it.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
If it's just faded, check out carbon fiber wrap on Google. Look's nice.

ericcarr2000

Ensign
It's not that it's faded, I took out my flush mounted chartplotter to install an up to date one and now there's the hole for it. I thought about carbon fiber sheets but I can only seem to find sheets that are a foot and a half wide, I need one that's approximately 4 feet wide.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
ericcarr2000, you're in luck. There are a lot of plastic manufacturers out there that do supply (and super quickly too) plastics made especially for your situation. My wife use to run a LAZER engraving shop that made all types of plastic panels for most everything. And I designed tons of panels for electronic equipment and panels for switches and gauges. There are tons of different styles and textures and colors to select from as well. Check out Johnson Plastics and take a look. There are lots of others as well. And the sizes are whatever you need. You can buy whole sheets or smaller sections for whatever you need. JMHO!