this is how you fix a broken transom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeep Man

Commander
What Deep Blue said. And in case no one has told you yet, When your boat sinks, and it will, you and you alone are responsible for retrieving the craft and the cost of the environmental cleanup.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
That is not a fix, that is a bandaid, that will fail, please be safe, but you won't find anyone on here that will condone what you are or have done.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
I feel a hold my beer and watch this moment coming on like we have all said and I will say it as well you put a bandaid fix take lots of life jackets and make a float plan everytime you go out so that if your not back in time someone can go look for you also take a cell phone with you you may not sink your boat but then again if the transom is that bad I can imagine the rest of the wood be careful if all these warnings don't help we will be here to help when it does fall apart to do a full rest just be safe please and thank you and stay away from me

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I been thinking...If this is how you truly repair a Transom...Then I'm GLAD I'm an Old Dumb Okie and have screwed up every transom repair I've ever done and done em all the WRONG way!!!!:lol:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
He has not been around since yesterday, so we might have chased him off!

:rolleyes:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
That transom repair is fugly. I'm betting the motor tears itself off in less than 6 months

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
OK guys, we've had our fun and have made it clear that this is not how you fix a broken transom. Just going to close the thread for now.

hotnorm, if you want it re-opened PM any Mod and it will be made available for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.