94 GW Invader 2100 Bravo Coupe.. Dash Restoration?? Please Help!!!

Nauticaldiver

Recruit
Please help me!!
My family and I own an upholstery shop.
A customer brings his boat in to get a few things fixed.
The boat is a 1994 GW Invader 2100 bravo coupe.
One of the things he needed fixed is the dash area/ console area. The material is coming loose from the plastic cap underneath which is also cracked in a few places and plastic missing. Same with the console area of the passenger side.. Shown in pics.
So instead of doing some ghetto work as you may call it, and trying to piece it together from the dash, I decide to do the job as a complete resto. Of the dash and pass side console area.
Upon re.moving the steering column, gauges, and radio, and pulling the dash cap off, before and after pics below, I discovered that the plastic is broken Into about 35 pieces and crumbled as I was removing it :(
There would be no way to repair the original plastic cap as its too broken, and I've looked everywhere I could think of, including here at iboats, and I haven't found one single replacement cap for the dash...
I've thought of fabricating something out of mylar plastic. Cutting seperate top, and side pieces. Molting them together, and adding some stationary nuts, and bolts, underneath the waterproof material we are going to use to cover it, as to not look to tacky, yet let the plastic be able to contour with the dash.

I need some advice, do you think that what I have jn mind with the plastic is a good idea? Or can anyone think of anything better, or does anyone know who in the world would carry such a replacement dash cal piece for an 11 year old 1994 gw invader 2100 bravo coupe?

Adding photos soon, please wait.

Thanks for looking.
.. And the boat is green/ off white two tone, with off white deck lid, and side pockets, and medium tannish grey dash area .

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Use a free photobucket account and then Copy and Paste the IMG Code into iBoats. I think your dash looks similar to this...
l_1994invadergw7.jpg

Last edited:

Nauticaldiver

Recruit
http://s484.photobucket.com/user/Nau...&src=pb&page=1

Thank you for the advice Woodonglass, here is the link to my photobucket album.
Note: the bottom right corner hole, and very right side of speedo on the dash area underneath is curved, but the piece that goes into it is flat, so my replacement/ fabrication must fit these needs, luckily there is not too many extreme contours on this dash, so hopefully fabrication will not be extremely complicated!!

Last edited: