85 Wellcraft elite transom replace.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well then, as you can see, the transom can be done from the inside with the Cap still on. You WILL need to cut back the deck about 18" on both sides of the motor well, and then cut the stringers too but...This can all be repaired quite easily and the boat won't suffer from it at all. Again, repairing the cracking on the outside is a LOT less hassle than trying to do it from the inside.
A Lot Less!!!

85elite

Cadet
All right woodonglass you have convinced me. I appreciate your time and value your input. I am going to complete the weekend pull it home and winterize it. I think I will pull it apart this fall, hopefully getting the transom cut out and put together in the spring.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
All right woodonglass you have convinced me. I appreciate your time and value your input. I am going to complete the weekend pull it home and winterize it. I think I will pull it apart this fall, hopefully getting the transom cut out and put together in the spring.

That ole codger is right "Most" of the time. Me...only once in awhile. You'll have a great boat when you're done.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Nope no jabbing...He's my Bud! and Teacher. Wood, He's like the Yoda of boat back on da water. he always has your back.

images

Mark72233

Ensign
Someone that's good at photoshop needs to photoshop Woods head on Yoda's body 😜

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Dig it right? There are so many great people here that will take you where you need to go to make the boat float safely and the help they offer is like almost reading blueprints.

85elite

Cadet
Agreed. It has me motivated so as soon as the weekend is over I'm going to start pulling it apart.......again! Probably a good thing though as I read some posts and the comments I see I could have done some things better. In the long run it will be best.