Sea Nymph Redo?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Thanks guys! As some of you might know from following this thread that yes I'm leaning towards the Blue even though my favorite color is red.

I've also been searching the web for vinyl graphics to do the sides and have come up with a couple that would work well with the red but not the dark blue. I have thought of red and white stripes for the Blue or orange and white to give it a Chicago Bears motif with a big Chicago C on the stern. But that might be a little tacky and reduce my market when I go to sell it someday. Though I have been trying to find a vinyl graphic in metal gray similar to what Lund and Alumacraft are doing but so far again I haven't located one yet.

Mike, thanks for the PM, I tried to open up that page to get to a larger screen of that color chart but couldn't do it. I do agree that the Ace Blue is pretty close to what I was envisioning.

As for the trailer. That trailer was already rebuilt and sold though the one under it is also in need of some nice paint. Which I'm thinking I'll do my usual paint scheme on it which I'll repost a picture of that old trailer. I still have plenty of the gray paint to use on the trailer frame and then do the fenders, winch post and hardware in the same color as the boat.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Contact the seller for the grahpics you've found. I'd bet most if not all can create them in any color you'd want, unless its an extremely uncommonly requested color.

90% of the typically used vinyls come in lots of colors.

jbcurt00

Staff member
The decal description for mad_decal's version says they can do an infinite array of colors and since both vendors are doing multiple layers of vinyl, I'm sure both can do multiple colors different from those shown.

If they aren't multi layer, the sellers are set up to actually print the design on vinyl, so they can certainly do lots of different colors. If you want a solid white design on the area you might paint blue or red, I know I guy that can do that. He's not set up to do multi layer or print on vinyl, so it'd have to be basic, but however graphic you want he could do that. I can send you a PM w/ his info, but I suspect you'll do fine w either of those ebay sellers.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Thanks jb, I've plenty of time to find something I like and think will look good. Trying to come up with something to break up what would be a solid color panel on the sides. There is a new company in our town that is doing custom vinyl car wraps and the owner lives only a couple blocks away. I haven't contacted them yet to see how expensive it would be.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Unless you buy a pre-made design, or they happen to have 1 that you like, camera ready, you may be paying by the hour to have someone create the design so that its cutable by their machine. Which

They likely have something on file already, its a matter of finding someone who has a design you like, then its just a matter of picking the colors you want.