Unknown Crestliner! (Been seeing that a lot)

Heyitsmike

Recruit
Hey folks, new to the forum!

I recently fell into a neat ol' late 50's aluminum Crestliner runabout that I have hopes of restoring. Judging by what I've been able to gather from the interwebz, I think it may either be a Buccaneer or a Voyager, but I'm not really sure. It needs a bit of tlc, but I think it'll be a pretty fun little river blaster when its done!

I'll try to get some pics uploaded tomorrow.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
:welcome: to iboats Mike! Bump yourself to like 3 or 4 posts and you should be able to post pics <----- that's the best option to get your pics seen, cause we like pics especially when we play the name that boat game.

Heyitsmike

Recruit
Haha, will do!

A buddy of mine just picked up a glastron bond boat for short money, which has only made the boating itch worse haha

Heyitsmike

Recruit
Ok! well I took some pics today. Apparently I was wrong. Turns out its a different hull. Most likely a 60 or 61 Crestliner "Falcon" according to one of the brochures I found online. I've also come to the conclusion that i'm probably going to go with a nice polished aluminum shine as the hull is in quite good shape. Still don't know much about them as the only thing I could find was in the retrocrestliner.com brochures. At any rate, it'll make a cool little tin boat I figure!

Here's a link to some pics
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gr9v396vyzehnm6/AABF51PyKZ71WS0zk5b3CIIda?dl=0

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
I'm sick of photobucket as it seems so bogged down anymore so I'm just testing out posting from dropbox using your pics. Hope you don't mind.
YT4QdpBBPf59n2ZJVy9uN36D33vJqZR26DjzNv23JWA

-GouwX-smOfYxjxGzODeuu5wxUhViJq-GrNoMydX41M
VlOVNqbH0ZpKOqye71uwXUnon-_zohaNZfPwr7MCPwo
UDuF1KJHx-EcGDUEDg6cxPgdkl6E9OIz-_5druuvQHQ
3TdRvlKiUYv9C7Ux1GRUJl_xfAFcl_eMgbqIWdsWFtA
oLeIEo35r-HV68wTBvvgXsA4Gp3_Ap4b3HQC6QRIqMM
q5xFRIlBWs9isMUDwFmDxbOPXnlPaIgPYSOMEDzW4Ew

UNL5XQtVPzSZaq_PQSKiDHupuoKc9I3OsJ4BhL13kqE
dBGG3mRU2BWScTY8Zg8O1v0mNbUV6QulTcqrd86O6g8

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Seems to work easy enough, is the rest of the class seeing Mike's pics? If so I might have to look into it.

On the boat - I think you may have found the model but kinda hard to tell with the extras in the pics. Does it come close to matching the measured specs in the brochure?

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Pix showed up fine TDF, the rest of the class thanks you for your efforts.

What PB problems? I haven't had any, posting pix across multiple forums. PM me if you'd like to keep it outta this topic.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Welcome aboard Heyitsmike, Looks like it will be a sweet little ride! What are you powering it with?

Heyitsmike

Recruit
Welcome aboard Heyitsmike, Looks like it will be a sweet little ride! What are you powering it with?
thanks! I have a 61 Merc 400 45hp in the garage, and that will probably be whats going on it! At least it'll be period correct too