1997 Marada MX 2 Executive series

WFS20

Recruit
I have owned a 1997 Marada MX 2 Executive series boat for about 5yrs now When I purchased the boat I noticed unusual tire wear patterns on the trailer chalked it up to under inflation and replaced the tires. I probably put 500 miles a year on trailer towing boat. After a year or so tires started showing same signs and Last summer had to replace one when it split the tread in the middle luckily barely moving when it went didn't break anything else this year the other side had some belts let go that I felt before it hurt anything else. I check tire pressure faithfully before leaving every trip so I know they are always at recommended pressure. Trying to figure out tire failure I put the boat and trailer on a scale and it scaled in at #4,200 lbs so I know why the tires are failing they are only rated at #3750 for the pair. So now to my question does anyone know how this boat was constructed or where I can find out information about it. The specs I have been able to find say the boat should weigh #2,700 put 38 gals of fuel and two batteries for another maybe 400 lbs 600 for the trailer (which I believe is high but was not able to weigh by itself yet) so that puts me at about #3700 lbs.which leaves at least 500 lbs not accounted for. so I believe it must be water somewhere A minor inspection while waxing boat and cleaning inside I can find no soft floors or soft or blistering fiberglass My next guess is there may be foam under floor absorbing water which from what i read on forum is not good. Does anybody have any other ideas or do i have to just start tearing apart. (not what anybody really wants to do) Any info would be greatly appreciated thank you sorry about long post but trying to be as thorough as possible with what i have done

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to iboats! If you think you might have waterlogged foam, You could cut a hole in the deck and take a core sample of the foam to see if it's wet. If it's not it's easy to glass the plywood back in place. If it is then that's another kettle of fish!!:eek:

Bondo

Staff member
The specs I have been able to find say the boat should weigh #2,700

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Does that include the motor,..??

How big is this boat,..??

Sounds like ya need a tandem trailer,....