1985 Ozark Fish & SKI

Arthur W

Recruit
I bought a 1985 Ozark Tri Hull. I have not been around boats for 25 years so I'm new to this. I took it out three times and found out the transom is rotten in the center section. I was going to try and take the deck off so I could replace the transom but the front is glassed to the hull and I have no way to get in and cut it loose. I'm thinking about Sea cast for the Transom. Sounds like it will do what I need. The only thing is I have no way to check the stringers. The floor seems solid with no movement. Would it work to put some pour able foam in the cavities just in case something is wrong with the stringers?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welcome: Arthur W to iboats...

Personally if you presently have a rotted transom, there is a high probability that the stringers and floor are rotting as well. Especially the age of the boat. So I think you have more work then you think. Don't pour foam in hopping it saves the stringers. It will not! It is going to take some investigation efforts to determine the damage that is already done. That means drilling some inspection holes in the floor to see if wet dark wood shavings come out. If so, the floor has to be replaced. AND you also need to drill sample holes for the stringers too. BUT if you do rebuild this boat, you will have a better then new boat that will last a life time... JMHO!

Arthur W

Recruit
Thank you for your response. I was afraid of that. I would love to restore the boat but I don't have a garage. I'll have to see if I can rent one maybe. How do you find what and where to cut the fiberglass to release the deck from the hull? I can't tell for sure what's holding the front of the deck.