Raising deck above waterline

Jro77

Recruit
New to the site. Not new to boats, I've been around them all my life thanks to my father. he is who I always went to when starting a project or repairs, unfortunatley he passed away a few months back. So now I am reaching out to all of you and your expertise in my search for answers.
I have an 87 Chaparral 24' fisherman. The boat was oringinally an I/O but the previous owner converted it to an outboard on a bracket. 300 Yamaha HPDI. The boat has performed great for the year I've had it however one thing I failed to notice when I bought it was the added weight of the outboard on the bracket pulls the scuppers under water when the boat is not moving. Before the old man passed he suggested I raise the deck a couple inches and I had planned on doing so when I got time. Well now I have the time and no guidance. Where do I start. I'm good with tools, however have not done much glass work.
How do you remove the deck? I was guessing an angle grinder with cutting wheel, but maybe I am way off base here. I think once I got the deck up, the raising of the stringers and replacement of the deck I can handle, I am just not sure how to start.
Also will raising the deck 2-3" cause any unforseen issues with center of gravity/stability.
Thanks for the help.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Would it be easier to just fill in the scuppers ?
Welcome aboard !

Ned L

Commander
I would be careful. The center of gravity has already been raised a good bit going from a I/O to a 300hp outboard, ... And not you want to raise it more by raising the deck?!?!?
You may be asking for a real problem if you find yourself caught in bad weather.