18' Starcraft SS Rebuild

DC Craftsman

Recruit
I am a new owner of a 1983 18'SS StarCraft. All of the wood components have been removed and the rebuild will begin soon!

I am looking for a body part on the boat and search engine searches have been unsuccessful so far. I am looking for the port side corner transom bracket. It's a cast aluminum piece that reinforces the transom to the boat body. Any leads on where I may find one would be most appreciated. Thank You!!!

dozerII

Admiral
You can check on ebay. I depends on the style of transom you SS has, inboard/ outboard, V5 etc. Post a picture of the one you have.

DC Craftsman

Recruit
Thanks for the reply dozerll...the boat has a V4 115 HP outboard Yamaha. I get some pics up when I get home from work later this afternoon. I have another question if I may, do I go with a blade fuse block or buss bar & inline fuses? I am thinking about installing a Blue Sea 6 or 12 circuit ST Blade fuse panel.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Trying to find an owners manual for my 180SS Starcraft. Or if anyone has any pictures of how the interior finishes were configured that would be great. I just rebuilt the floor, all new live-well and bilge plumbing and rewired. The wood panels that finish the interior were totally rotted and I am not sure what the original layout looked like? Thanks in advance for your help!!
Please try not to post in topics that havent had any posts in 90days, unless you started the topic.

Try ebay for the owners manual, but it likely wont have any useful info in it beyond generic basic boating.

Pix of the progress so far would be great as well as info abiut how you put it back together.

Look thru brochures here, to see if you find any pix of the interior
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owne.../s/starcraft-boats/358596-starcraft-brochures

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
When I rewired my Jet I used the blade style fuse block like this one and haven't had any issues in the four years since. I suppose if you were really worried about corrosion issues on the blades you could give even give them all a dab of some dielectric grease as preventive measure.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
One I forgot - :welcome: to iboats DC!

Two - I googled the fuse block you mentioned and now see that it's the same style that I used, so ya that gets my vote. :D