Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Livermore
    Posts
    4

    Default wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

    Hello, I have a 92 Sun Tracker 32ft party hut that has an electrial problem in the breaker box. I removed the cover and found that several wires have come loose. Tracker Marine sent me schematics for everything except for this box. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this box. For example the coiled pigtail for the ground fault breaker goes to the polarity switch - does this make sense? This box is under the sink and has: Shore/off/ Generator switch, polarity switch with a light, ground fault breaker and individual breakers with outlets for appliance plugs. Thanks, Terry

  2. #2
    Honorary Moderator Emeritus Don S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Western WA.
    Posts
    62,323

    Default Re: wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

    Post a picture of the box and the wiring (A nice clear picture big enough to see) someone may be able to see the problem.
    Don S.


    Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

  3. #3
    Commander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    sw florida
    Posts
    2,488

    Default Re: wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryVFX View Post
    Hello, I have a 92 Sun Tracker 32ft party hut that has an electrial problem in the breaker box. I removed the cover and found that several wires have come loose. Tracker Marine sent me schematics for everything except for this box. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this box. For example the coiled pigtail for the ground fault breaker goes to the polarity switch - does this make sense? This box is under the sink and has: Shore/off/ Generator switch, polarity switch with a light, ground fault breaker and individual breakers with outlets for appliance plugs. Thanks, Terry
    There are rules about netrual connetions between shore power and generator power (single point of neutral and ground connection) so the ground fault breaker neutral going to a switch might not be as odd as you think. Diagrams and pictures will help as well as explaining what the problem you are having is. Not being rude or condescending shore/generator power should not be played with unless you have a good understanding of the system and the rules.

  4. #4
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Livermore
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

    Quote Originally Posted by Don S View Post
    Post a picture of the box and the wiring (A nice clear picture big enough to see) someone may be able to see the problem.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will post a picture when I get home... gone for a few days. Terry

  5. #5
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Livermore
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

    Quote Originally Posted by glenn property of pam View Post
    There are rules about netrual connetions between shore power and generator power (single point of neutral and ground connection) so the ground fault breaker neutral going to a switch might not be as odd as you think. Diagrams and pictures will help as well as explaining what the problem you are having is. Not being rude or condescending shore/generator power should not be played with unless you have a good understanding of the system and the rules.
    I will diagram what I have when I get back to the boat and I will take pictures. When the neutral confused a local electrician I decided to seek help on this forum. These Sun Tracker Party huts were made for many years so I was hoping that someone had a wiring diagram, or schematic of the switch box but this is proving to be difficult. Many of these boats manufactured in the 90's look very similar so I assumed they had the same switch box.

    I will try to educate myself on the basics of shore power/ generator wiring re ground and neutral from a safety standpoint. Aluminum boat, water, electricity... I appreciate your caution. I will not modify anything without qualified help. Thank you

  6. #6
    Honorary Moderator Emeritus Don S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Western WA.
    Posts
    62,323

    Default Re: wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

    Here is one good link for your education folder.

    http://www.uscgboating.org/assets/pd...ELECTRICAL.pdf
    Don S.


    Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

  7. #7
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Livermore
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

    Quote Originally Posted by Don S View Post
    Here is one good link for your education folder.

    http://www.uscgboating.org/assets/pd...ELECTRICAL.pdf
    Thanks, downloaded and reading.....

Similar Threads

  1. wiring diagram for tracker 17 tx
    By Paulwdale in forum Electrical, Electronics, Audio and Trolling Motors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2012, 08:48 AM
  2. 2006 tracker targa v16 electrical diagram
    By TPRESTON in forum Electrical, Electronics, Audio and Trolling Motors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 10th, 2011, 01:03 PM
  3. Sun Tracker wiring diagram
    By Jeep Man in forum Pontoons
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: June 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
  4. tracker wiring diagram
    By duckhunter14 in forum Boat Topics and Questions (not engine topics)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
  5. Electrical breaker box and wiring question
    By brother chris in forum Non-Boating Technical Topics
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: September 28th, 2005, 07:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

  1. iboats Forum Directory - Over 100,000 forum posts organized by topic