I have questions about wiring a new internal alternator from an external regulated one. I bought a Prestolite #8MR2050Fa sales #170-532 and regulator #8RG2069. I have attached the old original boat wiring schematic from the previous setup and the back of the new alt. Seems like it should be easy but I over think things sometimes and am an electrical noob.
The questions I have going clockwise from top of the new alternator drawing are...
1. Yellow wire "excitation lead" I don't know where it should go.
2. AC tap is for auxiliary components that I will not need now?
3. B- post does it need to get wired to the battery or is it grounded through the engine block chassis?
4. B+ It should get wired to the + post of the battery (right)? Is there a recommended wire size, it would be about 2-3 feet from battery?
5. D+ or REG it should get wired to my orange wire to the indicator light. (right)?