Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.

Thread: A nice picture

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Default A nice picture

If your as sick over this prisoner abuse issue as I am, this might help keep things in perspective.

Rear Admiral

Default Re: A nice picture

Thanks Joe. We do need some good pictures to balance out the bad.(Sarcasam on)I am not really sure I believe this picture as according to the mainstream US media, we are doing nothing right, and everything wrong. We are much worse than Saddam ever was. It was all a big mistake, and Bush and all his men whould be impeached. (Sarcasam off).Ken

If you mean "sick of this prisoner abuse" as in sick and tired of hearing about it, I'm with ya.I find it odd that there wasn't a TENTH of the amount of outrage when innocent(read that, not prisoners) civilian contractors were burned, beaten, and hung from a bridge while Iraqis danced, laughed and generally rejoiced at the sight. Uncivilized animals
    I get by with a little help from my friends

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Dave,I agree! The thugs that mutilated U.S. contractor's bodies are uncivilized animals. My only hope is that we're not breading some of the same. What alarmed me most about the abuse pictures was the pleasure on the faces of the guards. That's not what we're about and never should be.

Sorry, all I can see is an American soilder torturing innocent Iraqi citizens. -Dan Rather

I think the most difficult job over there at this time would be to be a guard. They have to be compassionate yet strict, give sustinence yet not get into favours, keep security high yet not abusive, most of all they must keep theitr charges safe.In all the media coverage I have not seen any attempt to see things any differently than from the oppressed side. Now stop right there if you think I even sympathise with the enemy, I just would like to have a say for the guards that have no time for these tragic events.To guard people that are accused with awful atrocities must be difficult. To guard those with strictly religiouse views very opposed to your own must be very difficult also. To be a female placed in the guard situation over a people who place women well below men must be likewise very difficult. It is obvious from this persons perspective that this abuse was planned and controlled from within the units that are positioned there. The idea is to "break" the enemy. It would take longer for the "Stockholm Syndrome" to kick in so they resort to these terrible acts. Believe me the enemy has no compassion for their prisioners, indeed I hear today on the radio they have the video of an enemy sawing the head off an American, the army also have the body. Who's going to prosecute for that one.My view, dissapointing as it is there must be a clear message to the guards to lay off and stop the abuse. If not for their own sake (years to come there will be a cost to them personally), then for the greater good of the army units fighting over there. The retaliation will be very severe from the enemy otherwise.Ross

Admiral

That is a nice picture Joe and if Dan Rather said that,he's wrong.Plain and simple.

Sorry Pointer94, I didn't realize that they were innocent prisoners .Although, if you ask most of the inmates in any US prison, they'll tell you they are innocent too
    I get by with a little help from my friends

Captain

There was discussion about torturing prisoners shortly after 9/11 and like 85% of americans said it would be worth it to prevent the loss of american lives or to stop another 9/11. Where did all that emotion go?As far as that photo goes, it's nice, but those are the faces that will be dancing over dead americans. The faces of future suicide bombers, terrorists, murderers...aren't they cute?