Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Lieutenant Commander

Default Re: The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Beads... I like beads

I may start another money sucking hobby. I'm thinking of restoring a cool older rock solid 4x4 for towing etc. I see some older Bronco's can remove the rear cap to make a beastly Jeep of sorts with more room.

Any suggestions?

Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by sprintst View Post
    Beads... I like beads

I may start another money sucking hobby. I'm thinking of restoring a cool older rock solid 4x4 for towing etc. I see some older Bronco's can remove the rear cap to make a beastly Jeep of sorts with more room.

Any suggestions?
    The old K-5 blazers were nice, "BUT" I would replace the old drum brakes on the front with rotor's, they had a tendincy to fade badly.
    Hijack to follow, over.
    home is where we drop anchor

Yo VPM! Please send pix of best bead winner!

And the Jeep is indeed a timely replacement to the Audi. That Audi was like a hot, sexy, beautiful... but completely untrustworthy beadwinner. When it was right, it was great... but it broke my heart more than once! So, it was completely appropriate to dump the thing!

Master Chief Petty Officer FBPirate95's Avatar

HIJACK!!

I wonder how many UFO sightings this thing led to while it was being developed.

A prototype unmanned combat aircraft of the future, Taranis, was unveiled for the first time today. Named after the Celtic god of thunder, the concept demonstrator will test the possibility of developing the first ever autonomous stealth unmanned plane -- ultimately capable of precisely striking targets at long range, even in another continent.

Lieutenant Junior Grade marlboro180's Avatar
    Mequon, SE WI freshwater, and it freezes here

Plate o hail, anyone?

This bad boy storm rolled through on Saturday afternoon, went from 90* to 65*. I recently posted about beer, slugs and dogs, but that is no longer a problem as this hail damaged pretty much everything. Came down for 15- 20 minutes, and was loud !

Maters, corn, broccoli, rhubarb, potatoes, onion, garlic, beans, carrots, hosta, echinachia, zucchini, squash, grasses, anything green was damaged. The solar panels and cars survived unscathed, as did the roof. Glad I put good shingles on!

Cool plane above^^^^
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marlboro180; July 13th, 2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: where are the best beads pics????
    A boat is a hole in the water surrounded by wood into which one pours money

You're lucky. I'm having to have the roof and 2 vehicles redone after ours. :-(
    Sorry about your veggie though. We had just recently planted ours that we grew from seed and they were demolished.

(not our car)

We just got our insurance money. I'm actually going to the body shop after work today to work out a deal. Going to have our Jeep GC fixed and my old truck. I'm hoping to be able to work a deal to have my whole truck painted (obviously some money out of pocket here).
    1976 18' Starcraft SuperSport 90HP Evinrude
    Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/boat-restoration-building-hull-repair/18-starcraft-supersport-restoration-357767.html
    1966 16' Starcraft Jupiter 85HP Johnson
    Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/starcraft-boats/ezmobees-1966-jupiter-338633.html sold

That one in yer hand is not hail, it is a frozen meteorite! I remember your post on that! ALL I lost was some plants.

Hope you work something out on the paint job!

Quote Originally Posted by DaNinja View Post
    So this is the lounge/breakroom of the iBoat Forum?

I like that!

Then I don't have to start a thread just to scream,

"The MO Belle is one step closer to hitting the water!!"
    ETA...one step back. She had to go to a friend's shop, but should be done by tomorrow. I took her there Saturday and Sunday afternoon, this went over the shop and 1/2 mile from my house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pfsOGkAp_4
    Let it buffer (pause) for a bit to get the whole effect.
    1995 SeaRay BR200 5.0 Alpha I "Texas Belle"
    1999 Starcraft Aurora 2415 5.7 Alpha I "MO Belle"

Promotion time!!!! Hit me one mo' time!

congrats FBPirate!

wow thats some nutso hail EZ and Marlboro! Bummer on the plant loss! since Im a FIXIT kind of guy, mebbe some green or clear fiberglass wavy roofing sheets from HD and some 2x4 framing to make a cheapie cover for the small gardens?

ok some dude and his passengers took a big hit this past weekend at Lake Mead in the Narrows, story has it that it happened during daytime 230pm and one woman lost a limb, 4 others seriously injured..........they put this approx 27 ft Hallet and put it up a cliff! some people are asking questions about what happened on CL and posting pics in response etc.... ...check out these pics

heres the postings from CL Las Vegas on the subject.....

Hallet Boat Crashed up on the rocks on the narrows at Lake Mead Sun (The Narrows Lake Mead)
    ~~ Vegasphotoman ~~
    ......When in doubt, pull out the angle grinder! .......
    PROJECT JEZABEL1981 SLEEK-craft Executive 23ftChevy 350 w/ Chrysler sterndrive SPLASHED! check out vids/pics on my thread, thanks everyone for the help, kind words, friendship & support from all! FACEBOOK mention iboats when you send a friend request ~~~http://www.facebook.com/vegasphotoman
    [SIZE="1"]Full Resto Project = 1978 Newman 18' Bowfrt 302 Ford OMC stringer 800 sterndrive ON HOLD! [SIZE]

whoa NINJA thats one bad looking storm, thats a crazy cool cloud on the left, kinda tornadic looking but no spin, interesting!

SPRINT!

Ever thought about INTERNATIONAL trucks? broncs can get real pricey for the old ones, check CL for international , scout, travelall, the 4x4 pickups are way bad a%% too, I like the fullsize 1987-1990s Broncos and the 70s/80s fullsize chevy blazers too....gas guzzlers for sure..... all of em!

hers a cool scout....rollcage added

another IH

heres a Bronco good year, not too pricey for these

heres a bad arse k5 blazer in black
    Last edited by vegasphotoman; July 13th, 2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added pics
    ~~ Vegasphotoman ~~
    PROJECT JEZABEL1981 SLEEK-craft Executive 23ftChevy 350 w/ Chrysler sterndrive SPLASHED! check out vids/pics on my thread, thanks everyone for the help, kind words, friendship & support from all! FACEBOOK mention iboats when you send a friend request ~~~http://www.facebook.com/vegasphotoman
    [SIZE="1"]Full Resto Project = 1978 Newman 18' Bowfrt 302 Ford OMC stringer 800 sterndrive ON HOLD! [SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by vegasphotoman View Post
    whoa NINJA thats one bad looking storm, nutty cloud from on the left, kinda tornadic looking but no spin, interesting!
    I went from lumberjack with my mighty chainsaw to, running for the bathtub with patio mattress in hand, in about 15 seconds.

congrats FBPirate!

wow thats some nutso hail EZ and Marlboro! Bummer on the plant loss! since Im a FIXIT kind of guy, mebbe some green or clear fiberglass wavy roofing sheets from HD and some 2x4 framing to make a cheapie cover for the small gardens?

ok some dude and his passengers took a big hit this past weekend at Lake Mead in the Narrows, story has it that it happened during daytime 230pm and one woman lost a limb, 4 others seriously injured..........they put this approx 27 ft Hallet and put it up a cliff! some people are asking questions about what happened on CL and posting pics in response etc.... ...check out these pics

Hallet Boat Crashed up on the rocks on the narrows at Lake Mead Sun (The Narrows Lake Mead)
    The accident investigator in me is trying to even imagine how that even happens.
    High speed, drunk/distracted, bow makes it up the first rock, and it's moonshot and momentum from there?

HOLY CRAP at that accident!

congrats FBPirate!

It looks like a thread has caught up with your post. Your pics would be helpful.

I would, but I'm too lazy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FBPirate95 View Post
    HOLY CRAP at that accident!
    I will second that! Wonder what happened myself- Like maybe the driver lost consciousness? And rammed the rock face?

And speaking of faces , did you see in the video by DaNinja, starting right around 0:24, in the main cloud , kinda low, it looked like there was a menacing face in there. And no, I have not been drinking. BTW- Really nice place you got there Ninja!

Good luck on the boat, splash that baby!

Vegas- love the International Scout photo, though that K5 Makes me miss my 78 FJ40 ( no real connection there, just memories)

As for covering the garden prior to the hailstorm, it swung in so fast there was NO warning, sunny , hot, then just a wall cloud and sudden rain and then hail.: I was actually just outside building a portable chicken coop when it rolled in...Glad I was not out on the lake when it hit....my buddy was though, and he got home wet, a little scared and with a new respect of our big pond (Lake Michigan) and how quickly she can turn on you.

Veggie garden is a little big for a roof, IMO, it is about 32 feet by 32 feet. Most plants around the edges of the house under the soffits fared ok...

Hey marlboro..
    yeah figured some of you boys were working on mini farms....geez don't need to go to vons and smiths for food with a garden that big! well guess it's a risk eh

Yeah theres a couple cool 4x4s out there....oh yeah!

no good storms in Vegas lately....hoping for some cool lightning soon so I can post some pics....
    ~~ Vegasphotoman ~~

Quote Originally Posted by marlboro180 View Post
    Hope you work something out on the paint job!
    Met with the body shop last night. The truck is getting completely stripped and repainted and all body imperfections repaired. The best part is, since the insurance company overpaid me for the repairs to the Jeep, this work on the truck will cost me little to nothing.

It's going to get the same color blue metallic with silver under the moldings. I'm friggin' stoked. This picture is from about 4 years ago when I got it. Although it looks good here, the current paint job is actually in pretty sad shape. It has zero rust and a Jasper 350 motor I had put in about 15k miles ago. 100k miles on the whole truck. Looking forward to keeping it a LONG time. Since this picture was taken I swapped the wheels for some newer alloys. However, I think after the painting, I'm going to look for an even newer set. I also want a tonneau.
    1976 18' Starcraft SuperSport 90HP Evinrude
    Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=357767
    1966 16' Starcraft Jupiter 85HP Johnson
    Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=338633 sold

Hey Jeremy, your truck will look solid with some new paint, and a tonneau would look sweet on there....the fiberglass jobs run $1200 here in Vegas (new) Ive seen used ones on CL for $200....little bit of patch work on the chipped corners and paint to match and you would be in business. (the new ones only come in a couple colors anyways) do not buy Bak-Flip brand tonneau....they fall apart within a year!
    ~~ Vegasphotoman ~~

UPDATE on the Hallet crash in the narrows at Lake Mead

text from CL this am....after reading this Im thinking the Hallet overreacted, and probably should have slowed up when the seadoo came up closer....I know my boat hits the powerbrakes practically when I chop the power... who knows for sure....it is SUPER NARROW at the north end of the narrows....and the seadooers in vegas occasionally have been knows to do real STUPID and thoughtless things....

RE:Hallet Boat Crashed up on the rocks on the narrows at Lake Mead Sun (The Narrows Lake Mead)

Date: 2010-07-13, 6:53PM PDT
    Reply to: sale-vhak8-1841770357@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

"Brand new 29 hallett, i know the owner of the boat, & his fiance very well, also another 2 of my very good friends (another couple), were on the boat along with 3 other people i don't know (7 total).... everyone is going to be ok, bruised up a bit and very sore, a couple of the passengers were air lifted as a precaution but no major injuries from what i've been told.

An idiot on a sea doo cut in front of them in the narrowest part of the narrows and then did a 180 right in front of them. The driver was forced to make an evasive turn in one direction to miss the sea-doo, then an evasive turn back the other direction to stop from running up onto the rocks. It was at this point the boat spun out and ejected all 7 passengers. Since there is no kill switch and no self returning throttle on the boat (like most other boats that size) the boat then took back off and ran itself up the rocks.

Another friend of mine was up in front of them when it happened in his eliminator, he just happened to look over his shoulder when it all went down, he hauled ***** to the opposite side of the narrows from where all the passengers were in the water (thinking everyone was still on the boat up rocks) and was yelling into the boat if anyone was ok, he then turned around and noticed everyone back on the other side a couple hundred yards away i'd guess, he went over there and started throwing life jackets and shi%* in the water, and doing a head count, everyone was there (no one drowning or under water)

BTW the a$%^ole on the Sea-Doo fled the scene."
    ~~ Vegasphotoman ~~

UPDATE on the Hallet crash in the narrows at Lake Mead

BTW the a$%^ole on the Sea-Doo fled the scene."
    He should be water boarded, keel hauled and forbidden to ever to even look at another body of water.

HIJACK

ok here's a stupid human trick....my sister and her genius husband...."THE BOT" as we call him....bought a NEW boat in 2002 for $43,000 they paid cash....it was either a SeaRay or a Bayliner...bow front....21 footer. anyways, so they store it indoors at a place near the lake for $150 a month....ok..they used it in 2002, 2003 and 2004, then my sister got pregnant....they stopped using the boat, so 5 more years of storage at $150 a month...for a total of 8 years (they still own it...it is probably needing tires, impeller, oil and fluid changeout, deep cleaning, trailer bearings or maint etc etc etc, new boat cover on top of the other costs, ), thats 96 months x $150, about $14,000 in storage fees, plus the original $43k cost = $56,000 spent on boating for the 3 years they used it, they would go out 5-7 times per season, = approx 18 trips to the lake in the boat for $56k, thats close to $3000 PER USAGE or TIME OUT TO THE LAKE ....... WHAT A WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we used to go out with them, but there were all these rules.....and it was at like 5am to go out there, (traffic on a weekend and the water is smoother in the am was the BOTS excuse) and we were pulling out of the water at noon or 1pm and heading back to the city....mind you its 115 degrees out at the lake at 1pm....we had to wipe his boat down with vinegar and water etc etc....instead of riding in the boat up the ramp to the wipe down area, we would have to hoof it....

at lake mead the ramps can be mega long because of lake water level drops etc....so it was a 300 yard walk up a hill, in 115 degree heat with sun blistering your back....needless to say we stopped going out with them after a season or 2...oh and there was no fishing stuff allowed on his boat....one time my wife cut her foot in the boat ....on something sharp...anyways...he was all worried about getting her foot out of the boat so she wouldnt bleed on it...not worried about her foot at all.

I think I would take a used 30ft eliminator for 25k or a deckboat etc etc...over buying new....either way....
    ~~ Vegasphotoman ~~

HIJACK!

Did a little pre-season scouting yesterday with a buddy of mine at our local wildlife management area. Had a nice time and saw some neat stuff. And some scary stuff too!

Spotted this doe off the side of the road and managed to get a pic of her... just as she spotted the IR sensor on the camera, turned her head away, then boogied on out!

Then, as we were walking thru the woods, my buddy bumped into this scary monster! Ugh!

A little later we visited the local sinkhole on the WMA... my first time there and boy, was I ever impressed! Over three hundred feet deep, but less than 100 yards across.

There were a couple of cave divers there and one of them had just surfaced and then came over to the ramp area while we were standing there. As he got close he removed his face mask and said hello... then apologized that he couldn't speak english very well. He was Japanese, so I reached back into my limited knowledge of that language and fired off a perfunctory "first meeting" greeting. He was shocked and complimented me, then we chatted a little (in english) about his adventure in the cave. Pretty neat.

Shortly after leaving the sinkhole area, we were cruising along slowly in an area with trees shrouding over the roadway. I spotted a mockingbird chasing what I thought was a hawk, so grabbed my camera and handed it to my buddy, who got a picture of this big owl! Way cool.

We went to another area where we saw sign of deer (both doe & buck) and hogs and BEAR prints. Yeahhh... that was fun! LOL

Had a great time for sure. Heck, there were even some nice wildflowers.

Hey BWR how goes it?

Those are some real nice pics you posted, not to sound silly but just what was that scary monster, Some kind of spider? Being from new your I'm kinda sheltered with monsters like that

HIJACK

OK I am looking at salt water poles for my 8yo boy and 5yo daughter, anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to spend that much, $50-100 each at most. I am worried they won't be able to handle a 7 foot pole. Liam maybe but Caity no. Any thoughts?????

PS Caity (5yo, well almost) was on the boat with me yesterday, (I let her start it up ) She tells me she wants to have her 5th birthday party on the boat.. THAT'S MY GIRL lol It should prove to be intresting cause the Sea Gem is the one ready and my wife refuses to step foot on that one
    Bill

"I'm not young enough to know everything"

My Project
    1973 21' Cruiser Restore

The Resurrection of the SeaGem

The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

WOW I have been gone from here so long, I can't believe how much I have missed!

Hey DaNinja, yup welcome to the lounge, pull up a chair & grab a drink

Hey FB Congradulations on the promotion

Hey marlboro, Yep that sure was a face in the clouds. I have been drinking though LOL

Vegas tell BOT to give you the boat to save some money and you'll make sure its properly cared for LOL
    P.S What does BOT stand for Big Old tu@#$???? LOL JK
    Bill

"I'm not young enough to know everything"

My Project
    1973 21' Cruiser Restore

The Resurrection of the SeaGem

The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast